Winter (Linear) vs. Winter (Brothers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer??

• Total voters
If either had replaced SUC then they would have (made it amazingly better) :wink:

I wouldn't have felt comfortable to release either one, but I must choose... "Brothers," no contest. More cohesive effort and less bombastic.

The only version of Winter I have is one of the early rips from Linear, its pretty distorted. If anyone could send me the latest rip of it and/or the Brothers one, it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

mikescotland at yahoo dot com

The only version of Winter I have is one of the early rips from Linear, its pretty distorted. If anyone could send me the latest rip of it and/or the Brothers one, it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

mikescotland at yahoo dot com

Looks like my last send files have expired. I'll re up them and send them in a bit.

I have really got into the Linear version a lot. I think if it had been on NLOTH the album would have been a lot better.
The Brothers version is terrible, it takes all the best parts of the song, the strings, the driving haunting guitar line and scraps them and then builds a song around the parts that suck. I don't think that U2 do acoustic songs very well.

Believe it or not, I just downloaded these songs for the first time this past weekend, and.... holy crap, this is something! I like both, and I find the Brothers version to be more haunting overall, but this is definitely more like it in terms of the band writing consistent material.

I've made it no secret that the mellower, second half stuff of NLOTH doesn't do much for me personally, but this is definitely a good one to come out of the those album sessions. I dig it. :)

not sure what i feel about linear

its not really a corbijn movie, its ok to look at, but it doesnt have a full-on focus that anton can do (ie the american)

in many ways it offsets the lack of promo videos put out by u2 for no line on the horizon

I assumed they were holding off on an official release for that 3rd version, but now that the supposed new album seems likely to move away from NLOTH era material, who the hell knows.

Back
Top Bottom