"Window in the Sky"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The window in the sky brings the light in
I don't know where I'll be tomorrow
window in the sky brings sunshine in
Ohhhh woaah ohhhhh <--steve perry voice

:wink:

i think it is 402 also. at 1:27 you can hear bono sing what sounds like "windows in the sky". i hope the song has been changed up though. it sounds like an early demo version of electrical storm to me. not very exciting, and the tempo is a little slow.

after the tour i was impressed with the energy and speed they were showing on the old tracks, especially electric co. i hoped they would bring a bit of that punk speed and beat to the new stuff. it comes out in saints, but seems absent on 402.

Holy mother,
I think you're right in "I believe" or 402 it does sound like bono sings Window in the sky at around 1.27! I REALLY hope its this song, this is the song I've been praying it would be! Hope my prayer come true!

Nico

I can make out "in" and "sky," but I'm not so sure about anything like "window."

To me, it sounds something like:
"a boy (owns?) (?) in sky"

Kind of like how you can hear "I love the moose" if you listen to Mofo backwards and try real hard...:wink:

But I do suppose that being pretty confident on hearing at least the word "sky" makes 402 a good contender. :yes:

402 = hold me thrill me kiss me v electrical storm

WOW i love 402 a lot.

As I've said before, 402 is my favorite of the beach clips. I'm very curious to see how it will turn out in the finished version! :hyper:

^^vaz, do you need the rest of the beach clips? there was a save file floating around here somewhere with the whole set...

btw, that's a pretty high-ass note that Bono hits in this one...:jawdrop:

Utoo said:
^vaz, do you need the rest of the beach clips? there was a save file floating around here somewhere with the whole set...

No im fine thx mate.

Utoo said:
I can make out "in" and "sky," but I'm not so sure about anything like "window."

To me, it sounds something like:
"a boy (owns?) (?) in sky"

Or "blue sky", which I think I hear. Close enough I guess.

Rubin told the band to come back with great songs sometime before September so he probably wasn't too impressed with what he heard on the beach.

ntalwar said:

Or "blue sky", which I think I hear. Close enough I guess.

:hmm:

At 3:07, I can pretty clearly hear:

"And a/the boy falls from the sky"

perhaps "window" is just in the title and not in the chorus

Zootlesque said:

Well you might hear it on the radio but you might not have a clue wot the title of the song was.

People are like that.

Utoo said:

perhaps "window" is just in the title and not in the chorus

Based on the studio updates, they redid a lot of lyrics. And I believe the song didn't even have a name at that point. So it might contain it now.

ntalwar said:

Based on the studio updates, they redid a lot of lyrics. And I believe the song didn't even have a name at that point. So it might contain it now.

Definitely. And depending on how long it takes for the album to come out, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see the beach clips again in the exact form that we have them now (same with Mercy).

vaz02 said:

Well you might hear it on the radio but you might not have a clue wot the title of the song was.

People are like that.

So are you saying that it's gonna keep people from liking it? :huh:

Cos whether the song title is included in the lyrics or not has nothing to do with if people will like the song.

Back
Top Bottom