Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What say you ?

Ordinary Love, Invisible and ___________ lead single or something like BD or Vertigo for the third song ?

What say you ?

Ordinary Love, Invisible and ___________ lead single or something like BD or Vertigo for the third song ?

After hearing Invisible…I hope that is what they play.

If they do one song:
Ordinary Love is boring but it is up for an Oscar, so it would make sense that they play it (barf)

If they do two songs:
Invisible- Awesome song (first impression of a U2 fan, so take it with a grain of salt).

If they do three songs:

Classic to close the show with a bang. I would say (in order of likelihood): Vertigo, Beautiful Day, I will Follow, Desire or Pride

Is it confirmed they're playing three songs? My guess is Ordinary Love, Invisible and Beautiful Day.

Chance of real first single is slim to none. With the secrecy around this one, they won't want people hearing it until they hit full on album promo mode.

If the album truly isn't coming out until June, it's doubtful they'd play the "official" first single in February.

If the album truly isn't coming out until June, it's doubtful they'd play the "official" first single in February.

The album is coming out tomorrow morning, obviously. Invisible is the lead single, Bono lies. :D

We know that U2 have been rehearsing Beautiful Day for Fallon. If they're playing two songs, I'm guessing Invisible and Beautiful day. If three, then Invisible, Beautiful Day, and Ordinary Love.

If it's a June album, no. Plus Fallon will be a couple of weeks after Invisible, and a week or so before they'll be performing Ordinary Love at the Oscars (and small chance of winning one) - introducing a third new song then wouldn't be a good idea, it's a muddled message and they'll want that real lead single to go huge.

I also think that if the album is June then we won't get that much from the interview either. It will of course have to come up, but I think the most we'll get is finally a direct but rough confirmation on the month ("at the moment it's looking like June") and then standard Bono-hype quotes, maybe a bit more specific (juicier hints on songs or sound).

And a third song option could be something with the Roots?

They'll play Invisible. I think that is a sure fire bet. MAYBE Ordinary Love, but probably also a classic. No sense playing another new song 2 weeks later.

We know that U2 have been rehearsing Beautiful Day for Fallon. If they're playing two songs, I'm guessing Invisible and Beautiful day. If three, then Invisible, Beautiful Day, and Ordinary Love.

Beautiful Day?!? Ughhhhhhhh

There was a picture of Edge's gear during the rehearsals, and some screen on some device of his said "B DAY".

To be fair, that's not exactly confirmation that they rehearsed it. Could be that whoever took the picture toyed around with different song presets.

Although, if I was a betting man, Beautiful Day would be a clever match-up with Invisible. I'd like for the band to invite the comparison.

Where has the whole "three songs" come from?

I'd honestly be a little surprised if they do both Invisible and Ordinary Love. I'd predict one or the other, plus Beautiful Day and/or Vertigo. The pedal board photo may not mean much (I concur with God Part III here), but Beautiful Day is always a safe bet for a high profile U2 publicity event.

I'd be surprised if they got 3 songs. This is Jimmy Fallon's first night hosting the Tonight Show, I don't think it's going to be all about U2. Plus, he has Will Smith on also.

I'd love to hear them do both Ordinary Love and Invisible, but I also think Beautiful Day is more likely (along with Invisible). They will be performing Ordinary Love at the Oscars right?

In 2010 and in 2012 no best orginal songs nominees were performed at the Oscar ceremony. And in 2013 only 3 out of 5 songs were performed. So idk I guess we will see if the producers decide to have song performances in this years broadcast. Maybe the performances take up to much time in a already long broadcast?

It would also depend on the songs and how they would be performed (and by whom) and whether or not those artists want to perform. Can't see the producers not wanting U2, and would be surprised if U2 said no.

I work at NBC and I can tell you they will not be playing 3 songs. Two at most. Musical guests on American late night shows rarely play more than one song, much less three. The lone exception being Saturday Night Live.

I'm trying to figure out what "more" people think U2 will give us on an extended version, and if it even makes sense that there will be an extended version. Beautiful Day came in at 4:05 and there it remained, if memory serves. That's only 18 seconds longer than Invisible currently is.

Not that I don't want an extended Invisible, they could make it 6 minutes and I'd eat it up. Live maybe the solo could use some extending? I just doubt were going to get much more than 4:10 to mayyyybe 4:20 out of whatever the final version is..

If Invisible really is taken off of iTunes at the end of the day, it might have a slim chance of getting played. I think it would be weird for them to play it, have non-U2 fans say "I like that tune!" and try and find somewhere to download it and it just isn't out there to find.

Maybe Ordinary Love and Beautiful Day? I would love to hear Invisible Live but we'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom