Will U2 go down the X Factor route to promote the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah right cool!

well on a related note he used to do The Tube in the 80s on Channel 4! I was born a year after it ended so have no idea what it was like, is that the one you're thinking of?

seems as good a place as any to post this!

U2 - The Tube (16 March 1983 Remastered) - YouTube

fingers crossed they'll suck it up and appear on "Later...", I certainly can't think of a better show and would rather not imagine them going down the assumed "more ratings=more sales" route! plus as I said earlier they should do a U2 special and make the most of having such a big band on :hmm:

Quality ,quality ,quality

My mom was into U2 up until the unforgettable fire era and she always goes on about this performance on the tube. Bono with the flag :) my mom said at the time my grandad said " look at this idiot" :) that's when you know your cool when the old folk don't get it :)

I was born in 86 ,sometimes I wish I was born earlier to of see early U2!

hopefully not! i think people are bored/sick of the X Factor by now...

Too bloody right Mama Cass. Just like all the Saw sequels, I've seen it all before :madspit:. Same boring claptrap. I didn't watch America Idol this year, I'm kind off tolerating The X Factor (UK version, never even seen an episode of the American version) only because Sharon Osbourne's back. Although my family had it on for the 2 previous years I never watched it. Nowadays I prefer a film or a good drama series that I can absorb. At least someone has written, directed and acted in something which can be meaningful or just make you laugh. Besides, all the best new singers in recent years have never been on these shows

The killers did two songs on the x factor uk final today. What the hell is that all about?

I'm not exactly sure and I'm certain someone may be able to correct me, but I think they might have been trying to get more people to listen to their music.

It ain't the Ed Sullivan show or anything, but I hear a lot of people watch it, and if you play a few tunes on the show, you might introduce yourself to a few new fans. Or something.

not to be a cynical bastard but the new live nation management deal probably makes an X-Factor appearance even more likely these days. or at least a case of "hey this is something we should be aiming towards to promote the new album, and McCartney's done it" etc. whether the show would have them is another matter :lol:

Quality ,quality ,quality My mom was into U2 up until the unforgettable fire era and she always goes on about this performance on the tube. Bono with the flag :) my mom said at the time my grandad said " look at this idiot" :) that's when you know your cool when the old folk don't get it :) I was born in 86 ,sometimes I wish I was born earlier to of see early U2!
I can feel you. I was born in the 1990, but I was lucky enough to have parents and relatives whom liked U2 (and when I was 18, my uncle gave me all his CDs, promos included, like some sort of "grown up ritual", LOL). So yes, I lost some of their memorable phases =/. My first concert was the 360, in all others, I was too young to go. Damn.

Funny fact happened when I was in court (no, I didn't murder anyone - I'm a lawyer) and I opened my notes, they were in a book with an U2 sticker, and the other lawyer said I had a great taste in music, needles to say we talked a lot after about music later =)

And yes, I'm very curious about this album promotion. I'm thinking in a partnership with Apple again, releasing apps and something in iTunes as well... Didn't Bono appeared in American Idol a few years ago? And I heard Demi Lovato was leaving the X-Factor.. don't tell Bono about that...haha

Why not - I don't see it being any worse then selling your song for a TV Commercial or The Superbowl.

If U2 is most concerned with popularity in which they equate to being relevant I dont see why they wouldn't promote on the X-Factor or other shows like it.

I would say there is a better then average chance if somebody invites U2 to play on a TV show these days that they will accept the offer - much different from the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom