will the next album be the soundtrack to the IMAX film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
I wonder if the upcoming U2 Imax film will have a soundtrack release. it could be the first full length live album they'd ever released, and it'd be amazing. I know they've stated that they'd rather release music dvds, but this could be the exception. :hyper:

Dorian Gray said:
I wonder if the upcoming U2 Imax film will have a soundtrack release. it could be the first full length live album they'd ever released, and it'd be amazing. I know they've stated that they'd rather release music dvds, but this could be the exception. :hyper:

RATTLE AND HUM "2" ????:drool:

it might make more sense than a DVD release too. I dont know how well this fancy 3-D stuff would translate on the small screen

They still have the footage, it would be very easy to convert to the small screen.

phillyfan26 said:
They still have the footage, it would be very easy to convert to the small screen.

true, but then it would be just another standard dvd release right? just seems unlikely after chicago and milan.

Dorian Gray said:

true, but then it would be just another standard dvd release right? just seems unlikely after chicago and milan.
Milan has not been "released", and the one that was sent to u2.com members was not the full concert

plus i highly doubt this one will be released,

KUEFC09U2 said:
Milan has not been "released", and the one that was sent to u2.com members was not the full concert

plus i highly doubt this one will be released,

yes, but that's two shows, available in some form to the general public. which is why I too doubt it will be released to dvd.

but nearly every film gets a soundtrack release. cohen's i'm your man, for example, or the upcoming heart of gold soundtrack for the neil young film. i'm just suggesting that it might not be unlikely in this case.

As far as I remember EVERY imax film gets it's DVD release (even the most shitty ones), so I doubt that it will be different with a U2 production.

Dorian Gray said:

yes, but that's two shows, available in some form to the general public. which is why I too doubt it will be released to dvd.

but nearly every film gets a soundtrack release. cohen's i'm your man, for example, or the upcoming heart of gold soundtrack for the neil young film. i'm just suggesting that it might not be unlikely in this case.

I think the reason Milan wasn't released fully was because of the 3D release.

They didn't want to release three, so they made Milan a limited edition partial DVD to the U218 album.

They can release 3D movies on DVD. I was a bit skeptical about it before but then they released Spy Kids 3D which as far as that movie goes I just rented it to see if it could realley work on my TV and it did.

Most IMAX movies are released to dvd anyway, 3D or not. You just have to hunt a little more to find them. There's no way a major release like this won't make it to dvd.

Besides, even if there's no official release, you can be sure to find a bootleg...

The next thing that U2 releases better be an f@#$@ing album with new material.

Another best of compilation, dvd release, or book is gonna be a bit annoying.

Dorian Gray said:

It won't be U2's decision to release it or not. It'll be the decision of the movie studio. Rattle & Hum has now been released by Paramount on:

VHS
Laserdisk
VCD
DVD
PSP
Blu Ray DVD
HD DVD
iTunes Movie

What do you think the chances are whatever movie studio it is that picks up the film would be salavating over another Rattle & Hum? We'll definately at minimum get a DVD; probably a soundtrack too.

The John Tree said:
Can someone explain what this IMAX film is? I was under the impression that it was simply a concert.

-
Mark Pellington shot 700 hours of footage on the South American leg. During the concert in Syndey they shot aditional footage.
They used 9 3D-HD cams during the concerts in Buenos Aires developed by Vincent Pace and James Cameron. James Cameron - the guy who did Titanic and the guy who wants to make 3D-cinema big, very big. His 3D film (first full length film after Titanic) comes out in 2009. Also other famous directors like Zemeckis, Peter Jackson, Rodriguez are in the 3D thing. Even George Lucas is planning to release all the Star Wars films in 3D.

I'm absoutly sure there will also be a release on DVD - without any doubt. But a Soundtrack or live album? :eyebrow: ... it could be, perhaps the treat-Starter is right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom