Will the Beach Clips be Released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I am wondering what u guys think. Do u think the Beach clips from summer of 06 will be on an album or have U2 decided to scrap them and move on with their new sound. I am all for the new sound but some of those concepts from the beach clips are just to good not to use. I am worried with their new experimentation there will be no room for the clips which I realy have grown to love and realy want to hear them finished. I think 402 403 and 404 are realy great and would love to hear them on an album. I mean if they completely scrap them or put them aside there new stuff must be good becuase the beach clips sound extremely promising easpecily 402 and 403.

Maybe they will use ellements from the clips and rework them.

probably ^
i doubt theyll get on the album if they created this whole new sound in morroco

Unless the Morocco stuff is released as a Passengers album or something similar...

I am curious to see the direction that "all my life" could possibly take..."I believe" sounded like it could really go places...

They sounded very, very tame. I'd think they were the very bare and early skeletons of things that will sound dramaticaly different later on, or they'll end up as b-sides or something.

I think "Can't You See" will be added onto a compilation with the title "Window in the Skies."

Just a hunch.

phillyfan26 said:
I think "Can't You See" will be added onto a compilation with the title "Window in the Skies."

Just a hunch.

I think the compilation's title will be something like 19 V2s, but don't quote me on that.

They might use them - I assume this is what the Rick Rubin/France/"regular U2 album" sounds like.

I hope they do something with "All My Life." :yes:

I'm kinda hoping that the "new sound" isn't too weird. Unless it's the Passengers 2 thing; then I wouldn't mind it being weird.

My guess is parts of some of them will be used, at least at some point. I doubt all of them will be or that any will really appear on a new album that close to the beach clips. Some may be used on later albums, or parts on later albums. B sides?? LOL, right, not anymore, U2 saves everything they think is halfway decent and they might be able to use later. We will be lucky if we get two new B side songs off the next album and they will most likely be throw aways or maybe only one will be decent.

when considering the wealth of great 80s b-side material and the lack of this in the 90s and 00s I can only hope is still sitting on some pretty good tunes they are thinking about releasing when the right album for the tune comes along

The Beach Clips will be re-released in ten years time, remastered along with an extended cut of that one fan's video recording.

phillyfan26 said:

Just a hunch.

"Window in the Skies"? Hmm... what a curious piece of imagery. I wonder if the window in question will turn out to be that which is left by love.

Back
Top Bottom