Will.i.am worked with U2 on new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait wait-

So there's one story that says Will.I.Am visited Bono & U2.

That same story gets recycled and now Will.I.Am, and not Danny Lanois & Eno are producing the album.

Kayne said on his blog that it will be dope as shit. He might know something more than we do, or maybe he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

So now other "websites" and "blogs" are picking up saying that Will I Am is producing the album? LOL. And you guys believe it? even bigger LOL.

he maybe is helping on a track or a remix. Lanois and Eno are producing your album. I swear, anything can get interference in a tizzy.

I heard Katy Perry is involved in the album...

Interesting point of view.

Personally I wouldn't mind if he did some sort of remix with one or a few singles, maybe he is helping with ideas that may not involve anything regarding his style of music. :|

I'm quite sure it's just a remix or something minor, like bringing in Dr Dre for the song 'Treason' which never saw the light of day (perhaps it sucked in the first place and he didn't help at all or even ruined it).

Will.I.Am is just a hack. It's that simple. Take away digital audio software and he would be rendered useless. He "plays" the keyboard like any 12 year old would, banging until something 'sounds cool'. That's not a sin or anything, just don't try and convince me the guy is a "talented musician".

It's not a sin to lift a sample either, U2 has done as much, a lot of bands have.
To make it the backbone of your 'songwriting' is something else.

I would not want him anywhere near my 're-invention' record much less anything else.
That's my only concern. It's not that I think he would ruin anything musically because I doubt he'd ever have a 'heavy hand' in anything signifigant, it's that I think he furthers a certain stereotype about U2 that is largely unfair.

It's probably bollocks because Kanye West and Jay Z were even rumoured to be working with U2 on their new album, and we're pretty sure that didnt eventuate. William probably just hung out with U2 in the studio, messing around.

Wouldn't be a bad thing.....he did some good work with BEP and Fergie, Fergilicious is an amazing tune.

1272549006_294f713d3c.jpg

Help! They are ruining their album now!!!! Release it before it gets overproduced!!!!!!!!:yell::yell::yell::yell:

It's probably bollocks because Kanye West and Jay Z were even rumoured to be working with U2 on their new album, and we're pretty sure that didnt eventuate. William probably just hung out with U2 in the studio, messing around.

When the Vertigo tour was originally scheduled to roll through Australia, Kanye and U2 had significant time booked at Studio 301 in Sydney. No idea who/what that was for or if it ever eventuated elsewhere, but it meant those rumours were certainly on the mark to at least some small degree.

Wouldn't be a bad thing.....he did some good work with BEP and Fergie, Fergilicious is an amazing tune.

Ooookaaay.....

honestly, i am not one to balk at producers. i was genuinely excited to hear about rick rubin. also, i am a fan of hip hop.

but i have to be honest, i just don't like will.i.am's style at all. and i can't imagine it meshing with U2, especially on an album we've been waiting so long to hear. its fine if its a remix or a redwire track or something, but if this is for the album, for me it would be like someone saying

"fran drescher is in the next coen bros movie"
or
"the villains in halo 4 are going to be cartoon unicorns"
or
"nora roberts is co-writing the new chuck palahniuk novel"
or
"the cherry jello has scallions in it"

it just ruins something great on its own, and that peeves me.

although i did like his yes we can videos and appreciate his message. I just can't see how his sound would mesh with U2 (as I don't exactly think of him as a complex music producer)

my 2 cents.

btw, the new radiohead is produced by weird al yankovic

Will.I.Am is just a hack. It's that simple. Take away digital audio software and he would be rendered useless. He "plays" the keyboard like any 12 year old would, banging until something 'sounds cool'. That's not a sin or anything, just don't try and convince me the guy is a "talented musician".

Not sure where you get this info from. He plays more instruments than just keys. Alot of hits are born that way, just sortof plodding along on the keys until one finds a progression that's catchy. Bono and The Edge do it too, basically fuck around until something cool comes out.

It's really fairly simple: whatever his game is, he's produced some damn good music in his career. He's politically aware, has a side of him that rebels against the direction hip-hop has taken (even if he hypocritically contributes to it, hey, most artists are a bit conflicted that way) , has fashion sense that's a bit off the wall and is pretty damn good live. He's also produced some fluffy crap too.

Sounds like.... :lol:

I could so see U2 doing a hip hop thing - Bono in the baggy jeans singing about his bitches, throwing in the occasional "northside" ... and referring to his boys Da Edge, A.C and um, Larry (what?! You trying think up a gansta name for someone called larry!)

I can just see it now, Bono jumping around going: "Yo bitches tell me how it feels, if yeh wanna get with me gotta learn how to kneel, i've got the lines, im always singing bout soul, now let me lyrics take hold of yer heart yo ... big shout out to me boys in da Mun .. northside mofos"

You telling me you wouldnt wanna see that? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom