Will.i.am worked with U2 on new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, looks like the only song will.i.am worked on was Crazy Tonight, I don't really mind that.

Yeah good thing...the last thing I wanted to hear was "My boots...my lovely sexy boots...check em out"

^It's pointless to argue this matter, we haven't even heard the album

As long as he just worked behind the scenes and is not actually singing/rapping in the song, then I suppose it's not a big deal.

Vlad n U2: I am VERY INCLINED to go with your belief that he is not acutally singing/performing, but what does everyone think? Is there a chance of this? Some of the news outlets(google news) are suggesting this. I REALLY hope not, as this would be a dumb thing for U2 to do, I really think they can stand on their own and that a collaboration like this would not benefit them in the least bit. I feel these work in limited circumstances- such as Pavarotti and Miss Sarajevo. Certainly not with will i am, nothing against him, I find 'got it from my mama' very catchy, but not U2's style so to speak!!

Thoughts anyone? I hope its just getting his opinion on mixing/remixing, etc.

Vlad n U2: I am VERY INCLINED to go with your belief that he is not acutally singing/performing, but what does everyone think? Is there a chance of this? Some of the news outlets(google news) are suggesting this. I REALLY hope not, as this would be a dumb thing for U2 to do, I really think they can stand on their own and that a collaboration like this would not benefit them in the least bit. I feel these work in limited circumstances- such as Pavarotti and Miss Sarajevo. Certainly not with will i am, nothing against him, I find 'got it from my mama' very catchy, but not U2's style so to speak!!

Thoughts anyone? I hope its just getting his opinion on mixing/remixing, etc.

I don't think U2 would ever let him get near a microphone or any instrument whatsoever. On the Q U2 minisite it said he WAS NOT in the "Crazy Tonight" song but he helped out in it I reckon.

Remix or additional production.

And news agencies these days are about as reliable as wet toilet paper on such issues.

They will literally read something printed elsewhere and pass it off as 'reporting' news when the original source was very specious in the first place.

It draws more traffic to say Will.I.Am producing new U2 album than to just say he worked on one song. Take it for what it's worth. I am betting it was additional production or a remix.

I don't think U2 would ever let him get near a microphone or any instrument whatsoever. On the Q U2 minisite it said he WAS NOT in the "Crazy Tonight" song but he helped out in it I reckon.

Yeah, i think it would have been widely publicized if he did indeed sing on a track or if he had thrown in a couple of "yeeeahs" "whats?" or "boom-cha's"

The Q site does say that he was doing a mix on one song only and it doesn't say if his mix was selected for the album or not.

Thank you very much for that! I have had difficulty getting the Q minisite to open.

If the song is a 60's pop song in Phil Spector style then I don't think people will have to worry about it being a full fledged hip hop song.

This was one of the more comforting things I've heard in a while.

The OMG will.i.am! people can calm down. Phil Spector is a far cry from Dr. Dre.

Back
Top Bottom