wild speculation: could U2 unveil new songs at inauguration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this. Let'ssee if it happens. It's less than 2 weeks away.

I really hope NOT....I can't imagine hearing new music and having to watch Obama in the same instance...I think I'm gonna puke.

Obama scares the shit out of me, I'm moving to Ireland.

I'm still guessing that right after Obama is sworn into office, he will reach up an rip off his face Mission Impossible style and underneath will be Bono with a shit eating grin shouting, "Look out Africa. You're rich BITCHES!"

omg.. wouldn't that just be insane if they did.. I live right outside of dc... can 't get anywhere near the inauguration cuz all the freeways will be shutdown.. have to watch on the boob tube.:sad:

Oh bummer! You should try and go!!!! I am so lucky that my cousin works just a few blocks away from the Capital building. We are going to try and camp out at her office the night before. If not we plan on taking the train from Virginia where she lives. Ya, it's going to be insane but it will be amazing and so historic and worth every hassle!

Can't you take the train? Even if you can't get anywhere near the stage, I am sure you heard about all the giant screens they are putting up around the mall so everyone there can see/hear the swearing in ceremony! I am so excited I can't stand it!!
I can feel in my gut that Bono will be there.... I mean, I know it's a long shot to think U2 will actually play but I am pretty darn sure he will be there in the background at least out of sight. It's so historic how could he not? Wouldn't it be amazing if they played PRIDE up there on the platform?? Can you imagine????!!! I was thinking that the night he won the election too!! U2 playing PRIDE and then he walks out! gawwwhh...:drool:
Oh and Monday the day before is MLK jr's birthday too! And Sunday the day before that is Lincoln's birthday.
Weirdness! Isn't that cool?
Obama is doing a whistle stop train ride down the eastern coast that weekend in route to DC celebrating along the way with grassroots people on the train. Awesome huh?
And the Obama's are also organizing a day of service on Monday encouraging everyone who shows up to work in the community there to give back!! That's is just incredible. Finally, a president who really is for the people!! I am so excited, sorry for my ramble.:reject:

I have been thinking about this for some time. Should be interesting to see if it happens.

Weird. Just as I posted about this in Pleba it got combined with this thread.

I just got an email from my cousin (she is a reporter in DC) and she said that Bruce Springsteen is playing a welcome concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday (it's also Lincoln's birthday)
So it sounds pretty much like Bruce is a go at this point anyway!

I just got an email from my cousin (she is a reporter in DC) and she said that Bruce Springsteen is playing a welcome concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday (it's also Lincoln's birthday)
So it sounds pretty much like Bruce is a go at this point anyway!

Springsteen is a bleeding heart liberal, that isn't too shocking.

Finally, a president who really is for the people!! I am so excited, sorry for my ramble.:reject:

:scratch:

I hope you're not implying that President Bush is not "for the people," because I must disagree. But whatever, I don't what this thread to get derailed again.

Gracias. I was away for a few months, busy with school and not having much time to browse here. Plus, I figured hanging around FYM right around election time would have been too depressing. :wink:

Right about the time you left FYM got "swamped" by a few righties and things got a little exciting, but it's been pretty boring lately...

Enjoy the rest of your break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom