Wikipedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Wikipedia is annoying me. Editors keep changing links to the twelfth studio alum to 'No Line on the Horizon', as if there's some official evidence out of Dublin that the album will be titled such.

Would anyone like to help me try to stop the speculation from getting displayed as fact?

Talk:U2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, if it is No Line on the Horizon, you'd be guilty of disinformation. Right? I don't want any part of that.

But we don't have any reason to believe, other than from speculation, that NLOTH is the album title, and wouldn't it be best to keep the article neutral?

But we don't have any reason to believe, other than from speculation, that NLOTH is the album title, and wouldn't it be best to keep the article neutral?

Well, you wouldn't want to wait too long since the fleet has moved out of lightspeed. Com Scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the NLOTH System. The rumor is strong enough to deflect any bombardment.

Well, you wouldn't want to wait too long since the fleet has moved out of lightspeed. Com Scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the NLOTH System. The rumor is strong enough to deflect any bombardment.

Yeah, but, Mike, what if Com Scan is just sensing a strong cluster of ion particles in the upper atmosphere of Planet 6 in the NLOTH system? If that were the case, the fleet would be sitting by idly for no good reason, leaving themselves vulnerable to attack, both from neighboring planets and enemies in other near-by systems.

Who cares? Honestly. We can always change it if we get official word of a different name.

I'm with you on this one.

The NLOTH system is composed of 10-11 (as of yet undiscovered planets). The only planets we know of for sure are MOS and NLOTH but given the shift in the orbits of both NLOTH and MOS, we suspect there are other planets orbiting nearby with the proposed names of "for your love" and "one bird" to name a few of them. There is yet no evidence of how these planets evolved yet a small glimps into NLOTH has revealed that this may be an interesting planet! Given the little scientific facts we have of this system it is not sufficient yet to say for sure what it is composed of thus the organization who names such planets and systems should wait until further evidence is provided to put a name on this system. Perhaps further probes must be sent out to collect data by using a recording device of some sort and by scanning the place of origin (Dublin, HQ) to see what this system should be called. As technology improves this will happen and so too we will discover what each planet in this system looks like and how many planets there are and also if it will be a scientifically interesting system or just a dull system. Therefore with the my scientific conclusion to this hypothesis of NLOTH is that we require further evidence before claiming as such in wickipedia.

Yeah, but, Mike, what if Com Scan is just sensing a strong cluster of ion particles in the upper atmosphere of Planet 6 in the NLOTH system? If that were the case, the fleet would be sitting by idly for no good reason, leaving themselves vulnerable to attack, both from neighboring planets and enemies in other near-by systems.

He is as clumsy as he is stupid.

Wikipedia is easily the best source of information on the Internet. Anyone can adjust information, which pretty much says that someone's going to put down the right stuff, right?

:lmao: NLOTH sounds totally out of Star Wars or something!

I thought a NLOTH was like a sloth :shrug:

nloth.jpg

here's what i think.

if the title of the album is named after a song title on the album, then this song must be pretty damn good. When was the last time this happened...Zooropa? And HTDAAB was a line taken from Fast Cars, which IMO was the best song out of that whole debacle. I don't think U2 would name the album after a mediocre song. If that is the case, anyway...

here's what i think.

if the title of the album is named after a song title on the album, then this song must be pretty damn good. When was the last time this happened...Zooropa? And HTDAAB was a line taken from Fast Cars, which IMO was the best song out of that whole debacle. I don't think U2 would name the album after a mediocre song. If that is the case, anyway...

Yeah, the last time was Zooropa.

Its interesting point you make, usually the first single of a U2 album is usually this bursting anthem/rocker that is great live. I dream of NLOTH being this amazing exciting song. :drool:

wha*evaaa

Wikipedia is important in shaping people's ideas and perceptions concerning ideas of permanent or intricately dynamic nature, but I am afraid that after such an extended debate taking place, concerning a *temporary* and *rumored* title of an album scheduled 10 or 12 weeks from now, U2 will be compelled to follow this new album with an immediate release of an album comprising session leftovers whose name will bear the acronym of WTFC, and we're all free to guess what it stands for...

(hint: first word is a WH interrogative, third word banned from nationwide broadcast in the US, and the last is a present simple verb in third person...)

Why not simply add the word "Tentative: " before the album title? Nobody could disagree with that, it's also mentioned in the linked article.

hehehehe i still have the screen grabs from when we made the wiki page of the next tour. good times, interference, good times.

/drunkboredpost.

p.s. sense of humor required. wikipedia = don't always take it seriously. but, everything you read on the internet is true. always.

One could compromise - leave the album title as NLOTH for now, but also put in the word "speculative" or "unconfirmed". This way, it's the truth and everyone is happy. :applaud:

Yeah, I read on Wikipedia that the album will be called "Cedars" and the first single will be called "of Lebanon". Total fact.

Fact is, it will be called "The Remastered Beach Clips" :lol: now that WOULD make me laugh! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom