Wide Awake in Europe DISCUSSION ONLY - No Email Requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was able to grab one here in Toronto at Sunrise at Yonge and Dundas (they had a limit of one). Went to 2 different stores and they were sold out, one of which (Sonic Boom) there was a guy in front of me and he said he had called last night and was told they had 2 but we were the 2 first people in the store and they were already gone. My guess someone who works there scooped them. Bastards.

Told my buddy to go to Criminal Records in Toronto this morning. They opened at 10am. My buddy works as 11am around the corner. I had to start at 8. So I told him to go before work and he managed to pick up the LAST COPY. They told him they had 50 copies.

Yippppeeeee!:hyper:

Princeton Record Exchange never got it in their shipment, so I went to Vintage Vinyl. I got number 996. I don't know how many they had in the store to sell. I had to ask the guy for it because they were behind the counter.

a bit confused and not sure if this has been brought up: U2.com states 5000 copies, but they are numbered above 5000. Is this Bono math again?

a bit confused and not sure if this has been brought up: U2.com states 5000 copies, but they are numbered above 5000. Is this Bono math again?

According to @u2.com, someone from the record company stated that something like 500+ of the sleeves were damaged during printing, and rather than reset the counter, they let the number go above 5000. Not sure if I believe that, but that's the story.

According to @u2.com, someone from the record company stated that something like 500+ of the sleeves were damaged during printing, and rather than reset the counter, they let the number go above 5000. Not sure if I believe that, but that's the story.

I've seen people report numbers as high as 6440 today so seems like either more than that get damaged and/or the record co. also gives a bunch out within the industry.

so there are like 6000 copies then! :up:

Anyone in the Seattle area, Silver Platters in Bellevue had 30+ copies this morning. I was 4th in the queue, and 3 of us 4 went straight for WAIE.

Silver Platters at Northgate had a ton as well, and I didn't even get there until 10:30!

I hit Easy Street at 9 - there were 3 people ahead of me in line. They had a policy of only one per customer, so I bought one, bussed home and hopped down to Sonic Boom.

I was about 7th in line there when they opened at 10. Everyone in front of me grabbed the U2 vinyl. When I got up to the rack, there were 2 left. They had a policy of two per customer, so I asked to the rest of the line if anyone else was there for U2.

The guy behind me was, so I gave him one of the last two. He looked so stunned, like he couldn't believe I would do that! :lol:

Then an employee brought out two more that they hadn't put out, so I still got to buy two.

Then I hopped over to Silver Platters and picked up 2. I wanted a spare for myself in case my pre-order fell through or showed up all mangled. And if I have extras, I'm sure I can find them good homes.

:)

Yay!

I did have that thought. :shifty:

The guy at the front of the line at that store said he was picking up a copy for his cousin in Norway who'd begged him to find one for him.

At the first store I went to, the guy behind the counter (he may have been the owner) was talking to the two guys who were first in line. He said he thought this "mini record store day" was a pain in the ass and had been kind of a clusterfuck.

Sounds like it just made Black Friday more stressful than usual for them; he said it was a "bad time to schedule this."

It was interesting to hear his take on it.

Yeah (@Cori). It might have been a bad time for consumers too, who knows, although it sounds like they moved pretty briskly.

I just found out my house needs like 5 grand+ in foundation work. So I'm passing for now :shrug:

Yeah (@Cori). It might have been a bad time for consumers too, who knows, although it sounds like they moved pretty briskly.

I just found out my house needs like 5 grand+ in foundation work. So I'm passing for now :shrug:

That's too bad, sorry to hear that. :(

Several weeks ago when I thought my cat would need $1,000+ surgery, I was going to pass, as well. He's better now, though. :)

I had to ask the guy at the counter for my copy. They didn't have them out to take.

That's too bad, sorry to hear that. :(

Several weeks ago when I thought my cat would need $1,000+ surgery, I was going to pass, as well. He's better now, though. :)

Well that's good! I have the healthiest mutt of a dog ever, he never get's any sort of sickness (knock on wood)

I'm just pissed it's happening right before snow. Kindof moves it into must do territory :grr:

u2ep1.jpg

u2ep2.jpg

Mine was numbered 5633. So the record store I went to was limited to JUST 9 COPIES. Fortunately I was wise enough to arrive early and just line up because a guy came out with vouchers for the first people in line. The vouchers were to be given at the register to get your copy, they did not put them out on the floor.

And yes, I got the Doors in mono too! haha. Also took the time to browse around for some other stuff then left before the madness got out of hand.

Oh oops I guess I posted in the wrong thread before, didn't realize this was a new separate thread. Anyway! Looks like none of the stores in San Diego got any. I do have one on the way from Vintage Vinyl so I hope it arrives okay! And U2.com now has Mercy streaming.

Nice to hear some exciting and friendly stories! Neither of my two stores got any in, so I have my fingers crossed that my preorder from Zia comes through.

Enjoy the great finds!! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom