Wide Awake in Europe DISCUSSION ONLY - No Email Requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so out of it... I didn't know this thing had so many problems! I got it even though I can't play vinyl. :giggle: But my copy has no damage at all, it's pristine... so the disc is probably shite, lol! It probably has some giant gash on it I didn't notice! ;)

i got my copy from zia finally....and side a has an extra label half-glued on top of another...it covered the hole somewhat so i removed it, but it left some sticky residue (not much) and torn paper...great quality control on this release...still happy to have a copy, though, mind you...

i got my copy from zia finally....and side a has an extra label half-glued on top of another...it covered the hole somewhat so i removed it, but it left some sticky residue (not much) and torn paper...great quality control on this release...still happy to have a copy, though, mind you...

damn, i wish you hadn't removed the mis-press. I collect stuff like that and would have been more than happy to trade you my good copy :) What number did you get?

**EDIT***

*grumble grumble* :angry:

Competition for paid U2.com subscribers to enter for a chance to win one of 20 copies of Wide Awake in Europe

U2 > Sign In

Subscribers Special: In our latest competition you can win the limited edition vinyl release Wide Awake in Europe.

It's not often the band release a track that has not previously appeared on a studio album.

'Mercy', one of three tracks on the vinyl EP Wide Awake In Europe, is a rare example. The track, aired for the first time to audiences on the European leg of U2360, has never appeared on a U2 album.

But we've been a few other examples over the years... and if you can name two of them, you might get to win a prized copy of Wide Awake In Europe.

We've got twenty to give away - and only 5,000 copies were produced.

A little late to this party, but my copy just came in the mail today and guess what? Crazy Tonight skips for me too :(

Oh, and mine is number 5666. I understand why it's over 5000, just kinda bummed that I didn't get one below

A little late to this party, but my copy just came in the mail today and guess what? Crazy Tonight skips for me too :(

Oh, and mine is number 5666. I understand why it's over 5000, just kinda bummed that I didn't get one below

Ah that's too bad about the skipping. I know how you feel. Mine is also a number over 5000. I haven't gone back through this thread to look but I wonder if all of us who got these defective copies have similar high numbers.

U2.com announced their winners. Anyone here get lucky? :hmm:

Thanks to everyone who entered our competition to win a copy of 'Wide Awake in Europe'.

We had the largest number of entries we've ever had for a competition on U2.com - and hundreds of you provided us with correct answers to our devious question to name a couple of tracks by the band that have been released as a single... without being from one of U2's studio albums.

Among the winning answers were: Another Day (1980); 11 O Clock Tick Tock (1980); A Celebration (1982); Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (1995); The Sweetest Thing (1998): Electrical Storm (2002); The Saints Are Coming (2006); Window in the Skies (2007)

From the many winning entries we randomly selected 20 and they come from all over the world.

So here are the lucky winners. Give it up for ... Michael McMullan, Jonathan Bliss, Ingrid Nava, Brian Madl, Garry Achterhof, Antoinette Pugliese, Bernd Faustmann, Sean O'Connor, Danielle Meyer, Anita Johansen, Ruurd Edens, Matthew Denning, Thomas Hannan, Kyle Stiff, Scott Addie, Joe Keegan , Dominique Bramlett, Matthew Geraghty, Mandy Pasko and Jon Van Gorph in Australia.

A copy of the limited edition vinyl EP Wide Awake in Europe is now on the way to each of these lucky winners.

U2.com announced their winners. ....

From the many winning entries we randomly selected 20 and they come from all over the world.

A copy of the limited edition vinyl EP Wide Awake in Europe is now on the way to each of these lucky winners.

And then they'll probably end up on eBay!

U2.com announced their winners. Anyone here get lucky? :hmm:

Thanks to everyone who entered our competition to win a copy of 'Wide Awake in Europe'.

We had the largest number of entries we've ever had for a competition on U2.com - and hundreds of you provided us with correct answers to our devious question to name a couple of tracks by the band that have been released as a single... without being from one of U2's studio albums.

Among the winning answers were: Another Day (1980); 11 O Clock Tick Tock (1980); A Celebration (1982); Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (1995); The Sweetest Thing (1998): Electrical Storm (2002); The Saints Are Coming (2006); Window in the Skies (2007)

So here are the lucky winners. Give it up for ... Michael McMullan, Jonathan Bliss, Ingrid Nava, Brian Madl, Garry Achterhof, Antoinette Pugliese, Bernd Faustmann, Sean O'Connor, Danielle Meyer, Anita Johansen, Ruurd Edens, Matthew Denning, Thomas Hannan, Kyle Stiff, Scott Addie, Joe Keegan , Dominique Bramlett, Matthew Geraghty, Mandy Pasko and Jon Van Gorph in Australia.

All over the world? I thought it was only open to the U.S. and Canada

It was open to all U2.com paid members. It'd be unfair to discriminate against those of us in other parts of the world, even moreso because we couldn't even buy it if we wanted to!

I remember reading it saying it was only open to U.S. and Canada. That's not really discrimination just saving on shipping charges.

It was open to all U2.com paid members. It'd be unfair to discriminate against those of us in other parts of the world, even moreso because we couldn't even buy it if we wanted to!

Actually you could if you had done even a tiny bit of research. I live in Europe and I bought the vinyl... as did plenty of others.

Actually you could if you had done even a tiny bit of research. I live in Europe and I bought the vinyl... as did plenty of others.

It was a USA-only release. It was imported by a number of other international stores but outside of Europe these were extremely rare.

I was extremely lucky to get one via Australia's biggest import store (the only copy they got) but, having checked virtually all other major import stores in Australian capital cities, I think I may have the only copy brought into this country by a retailer.

I also scored one from Vintage Vinyl in the US (for a fellow Interferencer), but I know plenty of fans here in Australia who did a lot of research and missed out.

Was at this little record shop in west seattle today, I think it was called Rhino Records, just down the street from easy street records and there was one copy of wide awake behind the counter. I paid more than I would like to admit but now I've got a copy to listen to! :applaud:

I finally found time to take my copy of WAIE in to my framer, she got it back to me today! :D

I went with a laser red frame and had her also leave the back of the frame open so I could still see it! :hyper:

Anyone else have there's framed yet?

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

A shame they didn't include a version of Ultraviolet on the comp.

Like this:

Soon
Mercy (9/22/10)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) (10/3/10)
Moment of Surrender (9/18/10)

Back
Top Bottom