Why isn't mercy on the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we've learned anything from Soi and the HTDAAB demos, it's that over-cooking was never U2's problem. It was actually under-cooking. It's counter-intuitive, but the songs sound fresher and easier AFTER all of the years of work.

Or maybe, each album's concept and gestation work better with different approaches?

There's no doubt that parts of No Line and Bomb were overcooked.

One album benefitting (and that's debatable anyway) from continued reworking doesn't mean we can make a blanket statement covering the rest of their discography.

It will be on the Bomb remaster. Speaking of which, is any album in the catalogue in need of a remaster as much as Bomb? Speaking if which, why have they stopped all the remasters. No R&H. No single release for Zooropa. Paul McG said they would do the whole catalogue. They could have filled the 3 year tour to album void by getting R&H out there and zooropa.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It will be on the Bomb remaster. Speaking of which, is any album in the catalogue in need of a remaster as much as Bomb? Speaking if which, why have they stopped all the remasters. No R&H. No single release for Zooropa. Paul McG said they would do the whole catalogue. They could have filled the 3 year tour to album void by getting R&H out there and zooropa.

Bomb is screaming for a remaster. And I'd love to see a deluxe edition of R&H, with or without a remaster.

I think we've seen all we're going to see of Zooropa, at least in the CD format. And I have no idea about Pop...it's always been problem child for them, so maybe they're skittish on reminding people about it. In any event, I think U2 is in a looking forward mode at the moment, and since remasters and these deluxe editions of your back catalogue kind of suggest dinosaur band, I suspect perhaps they've put that project on hold for the moment.

And didn't The Edge supervise most of the remasters anyway? I'm thinking he'll be kind of busy for the next few years.

Bomb is screaming for a remaster. And I'd love to see a deluxe edition of R&H, with or without a remaster.

I think we've seen all we're going to see of Zooropa, at least in the CD format. And I have no idea about Pop...it's always been problem child for them, so maybe they're skittish on reminding people about it. In any event, I think U2 is in a looking forward mode at the moment, and since remasters and these deluxe editions of your back catalogue kind of suggest dinosaur band, I suspect perhaps they've put that project on hold for the moment.

And didn't The Edge supervise most of the remasters anyway? I'm thinking he'll be kind of busy for the next few years.

Yeah Edge has been overseeing it, but they did TUF while on tour. I would have thought he'd have found a month or two in the last 3 years to look at an album or two. I suppose it just worries me that they've abandoned the idea given how much opportunity they've had for no output. I suppose it doesn't matter that much, but I'd like to be able to get the 90s and 2000s albums on vinyl, given they are so hard to get these days, and I have really enjoyed all the bonus songs on each release. There has to be some cracking stuff in the vaults through the 90s.

That said, the one song everyone expected out of the October/War remasters was 'Be There' and it didn't feature.

I think the plan would be to get R&H, Zooropa (if at all), and Pop all out at once like they did with Boy/October/War. That takes the focus off Pop a bit.

I will never give up on this song. I confidently believe that the final U2 album will consist of Mercy, Invisible, Sirens, Miami (new mix), a live version of Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town, and a Bono speech.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom