Why is U2 so quiet this week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suspect they're waiting for the Apple marketing to taper off a bit before the retail release.

Also, they're smart to lay low until the twitter torrent of self absorbed rage dies down a bit. If you search twitter for U2 there are still tens of tweets coming in every minute or two. It's nuts.

I think they're waiting for the storm to calm down. It wouldn't be very wise for them to speak out now, it would only add more fuel to the fire. Whatever Bono might say, it will be twisted and turned into something negative again that makes him look bad. It's better he's keeping his mouth shut a while. There's a current overkill that shouldn't be fed by any of the band members commenting.

U2 should wait for the physical release to come out and then start promotional activity and make people focus on the music again.

I suspect they're waiting for the Apple marketing to taper off a bit before the retail release.

Also, they're smart to lay low until the twitter torrent of self absorbed rage dies down a bit. If you search twitter for U2 there are still tens of tweets coming in every minute or two. It's nuts.

yeah, i just had a look...it's ridiculous. It was revealed last week that 2013 was yet another record year of CO2 emissions, and everyone's complaining about U2...no wonder civilization is doomed.

They may be discussing Guy O's future.

Sent from

Yeah, I wonder how they feel about his advice now. They had their share of detractors before, but now they're probably the most hated band in the world. I wonder if they're begging McG to come back.

I think it's pretty clear from the interviews they knew there would be a backlash and are prepared for it. They said they'll take the bad with the good. This is also new territory so I'm sure they're learning from it and will adjust the roll out of the next album (along with the rest of the industry).

Yeah, I wonder how they feel about his advice now. They had their share of detractors before, but now they're probably the most hated band in the world. I wonder if they're begging McG to come back.

Are you guys nuts ?

They just got paid more money (reportedly) than the revenue they would have gotten from a "nomral" release, there is more buzz about the band than ever, back catalog sales are high, and you think they will fire him over a few morons on twatter and the aforementioned whinging hipster douches ?

If anything Guy is probably negotiating for a huge raise.

I wonder if opinions within Team U2 were divided going into this, and there are I told you so's going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Int

People who were never gonna like U2 now have new reasons why really not to like U2.
People who might want to give U2 a chance are (most likely) at least aware the album is out there, know there's extremely easy access and know that it's for free.

So they have pretty much reached all their potential customers and they have achieved it by having the haters bring more attention to U2 then there has been in the last 10 years.

Sounds like a win, win, win, win, win situation to me.

Back
Top Bottom