Why did Bono lie about this being a long album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yikes. If people liked Love and Peace that much, then we must be in for some ridiculous hyperbole coming up. Although, now that I think about it--LAPOE did sound really good at first, didn't it?

That's it, Bono!

CoT.jpg

I can't believe no one's made the point yet that Bono was probably referring to the length of the "big" songs on the album. Isn't "Moment of Surrender" the longest U2 song ever? And if I remember right, "Magnificent" is supposed to be long as well. Maybe that's what he was referring to. 52+ minutes is plenty long, besides.

so do you guys think that since most of us are aware of the reaction here on interference when Bomb leaked, that it will improve this time around and people will be more grounded? Or is all discussion during the first week essentially worthless this time too?

If I am online when it leaks, I can keep it organized. It's incredibly frustrating to go to dinner, or go to sleep or go golfing :lol: and come back and see that clips have leaked. It just takes a couple of hours for the forums to explode. :crack:

Don't you know you aren't allowed to go to dinner or sleep or golf or any of that stuff until at least a month after the album is officially released? I mean what are you thinking? :tsk:

:D

let's hope that NLOTH is filled with scatological references, just like every song in Achtung is about blow jobs.

"You can hear the universe in her sea shells" HAS to be a sexual reference of some kind.

Don't even get me started on that stuff about cockatoos.

OFF TOPIC people.

WHY did Bono lie???? Address this, please.

Because he is a horrible man who eats puppies.
Anyway, back off-topic: Judging by our opinions on HUTDAB then vs. HUTDAB now, we're REALLY going to hate NLOTH in a few years.
(Seriously, read some of those archived threads. They seem eerily familiar.)

Back
Top Bottom