Why did Bono lie about this being a long album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things were a bit more chaotic than they are now in general, that was a time when you were still allowed to post download links in the threads. :wink:

I'm predicting that things will be worst this time around...

True, I just hope we can keep the threads coherent. What normally happens is that ppl set up separate threads for individual songs, eg:

"Wow NLOTH (Song) is the best thing they have ever done!!!!1!!!"

or

Wow NLOTH (Song) sucks!!!1!!!

However, with good moderation things can be kept logical and orderly. But the first few days are usually crazy.

My pet hate is "discussion" threads getting filled with begging email requests by ppl with 1 post... But then i probably need to get a life! :reject:

If I am online when it leaks, I can keep it organized. It's incredibly frustrating to go to dinner, or go to sleep or go golfing :lol: and come back and see that clips have leaked. It just takes a couple of hours for the forums to explode. :crack:

It would be great if say, the whole forum would go down the first week after teh album leaked.

Imagine that. People would actually have the time to listen to the album and to listen a lot of times without getting hyper on the forums. They'd have time to chill out and get a more unbiased opinion on the songs because the initial OMFGYEAYEAYEAWOWOOWWW reaction would be gone.
It'd be heaven on Interference.

I could arrange that. :hmm:

I could arrange that. :hmm:

:combust:

:lmao: I have no clue how I would survive though. I spend waaay too much time on this place anyway! Ah well, time to get a life then!

And another pro for my idea would be that without Interference, people can't leave their email here to leak it, so a major leak location would be gone. No problems with universal and such!

lies make baby jesus cry.

I think what makes this comment insanely funny for me is that you are smack dab in the middle of the bible belt. I feel for you :wink:

True, I just hope we can keep the threads coherent. What normally happens is that ppl set up separate threads for individual songs, eg:

or

However, with good moderation things can be kept logical and orderly. But the first few days are usually crazy.

My pet hate is "discussion" threads getting filled with begging email requests by ppl with 1 post... But then i probably need to get a life! :reject:

I'm sure the entire site will look like the internet equivelent of shit splattered in an over turned porta-potty. Mutliple threads run amuck....all sorts of posts with keys that you'd normally never push, like: *(?~%}` seriously, when the hell would you use this }

not pretty.

not pretty at all.

Honestly, I've been here for the last two albums and what I usually do is avoid the site for literally two weeks. That way I don't get to partake in the worthless and nonsensical ramblings and fights that occur during the honeymoon phase of the album listening.

Its not till after a few weeks or even months that the shock and awe of hearing new U2 music wears off that we finally get discussions that are genuine and worthwild.

But thats just me.

I agree. It's unfortunate, but this isn't a great place to find stimulating discussion at a time when that would be really appropriate and interesting. There's definitely a few people around here I'd like to bounce thoughts off of, but it will just be too crazy I think. More time to let it soak in with no distractions...mmmm.

or

It might be good to have predetermined thread categories. One for each song, for example, and maybe one about the album as a whole, one comparing it to other 00s albums, etc.. That will at least help channel peoples insane excitement and disappointment into something vaguely coherent.

I agree. It's unfortunate, but this isn't a great place to find stimulating discussion at a time when that would be really appropriate and interesting. There's definitely a few people around here I'd like to bounce thoughts off of, but it will just be too crazy I think. More time to let it soak in with no distractions...mmmm.

maybe we can create a thread for that:

**INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION REGARDING NEW ALBUM THREAD - No unnecessary punctuation allowed!**

:wink:

maybe we can create a thread for that:

**INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION REGARDING NEW ALBUM THREAD - No unnecessary punctuation allowed!**

:wink:

Haha! Yes. Please, please, please. We should have a strict rulebook pertaining to exclamations and internet-speak.

It might be good to have predetermined thread categories. One for each song, for example, and maybe one about the album as a whole, one comparing it to other 00s albums, etc.. That will at least help channel peoples insane excitement and disappointment into something vaguely coherent.

We had discussed this a while back, I think once the album is leaked/out we will have a separate thread for each song. We pretty much did this last time around.

almost everybody thought the album was amazing when it leaked... even many of those who now say it's terrible.

I listened to a CD my sister in law downloaded and, expecting another experimental album, I kept hoping it would grow on me and remained delusionally optimistic for a month or 2 after it came out.

This time I'm listening to not clips or anything.

We had discussed this a while back, I think once the album is leaked/out we will have a separate thread for each song. We pretty much did this last time around.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I can't remember too many specifics from around that time, so sorry about redundant suggestions :wink:.

You're going to need multiple copies of NLOTH and several Battlestar Galactica episodes playing at once to get anything more politically insightful than that.

So should we torrent every season of Battlestar Galactica to be prepared for the album leak then? :hyper:

The average album these days doesn't start with a three. Most albums released are in the 40-50 minute range. This album is average.

I listened to a CD my sister in law downloaded and, expecting another experimental album, I kept hoping it would grow on me and remained delusionally optimistic for a month or 2 after it came out.

wow. that must have been really difficult for you.

Back
Top Bottom