Why did Bono lie about this being a long album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like a long album which is good but it also means if they have those extra songs we will hear them on B-Sides which is great. I mean what is it 56 minutes? that's pretty long, there are so many albums that were only about 30 minutes. I think some other albums like Led Zep and other greats were a lot shorter.

Yes, Yes all of these are great points but the biggest question of all......

Is Bono okay???

:wink:

Seriously, I'm SHOCKED and SURPRISED and DISAPPOINTED that ANYONE at THIS POINT would BELIEVE ANYTHING that BONO....that's right...BONO has said about a NEW U2 ALBUM.

Seriously, I'm SHOCKED and SURPRISED and DISAPPOINTED that ANYONE at THIS POINT would BELIEVE ANYTHING that BONO....that's right...BONO has said about a NEW U2 ALBUM.

It's a little known fact that Bono has another name after David :wink:

Disney-Pinocchio-and-Jiminy---Friendly-Fun-134601.jpg

And NO it is not J Cricket :wink:

A lot of you folks are so full of crap. You're honestly telling me that none of you were shocked to find that the album is only 52 minutes after hearing Bono say that it would be "very long"? Bull. You're just taking it out on me and exaggerating what I meant. Really pathetic and cynical of you.

Thanks to the very few who are honestly partaking expressing their dismay or simply being polite -- which is the vast minority here.

THE ALBUM WASN'T DONE SO OF COURSE THE LENGTH OF THE ALBUM WASN'T ABSOLUTE!!! Anyone with even the slightest connection to reality would have known this...

Why would I have been shocked? Why would anyone be shocked?

Your grasp on reality is very questionable.

I'm shocked this thread has gotten such a large response. Short answer is:

Bono talks out of his ass most of the time.

Pure speculation from interferancers is as likely to be accurate as Bono is when it comes to discussing an album in the works.

Done! Close the thread!

A lot of you folks are so full of crap. You're honestly telling me that none of you were shocked to find that the album is only 52 minutes after hearing Bono say that it would be "very long"? Bull. You're just taking it out on me and exaggerating what I meant. Really pathetic and cynical of you.

Thanks to the very few who are honestly partaking expressing their dismay or simply being polite -- which is the vast minority here.

Why would I be shocked? Taking Bono at his word, or worse yet, holding Bono to his word when he talks about new albums? That's just naive.

:shrug:

Why would I be shocked? Taking Bono at his word, or worse yet, holding Bono to his word when he talks about new albums? That's just naive.

:shrug:

Is it any more naive to hope for a great U2 album at this stage in the band's career. Anyway, I didn't think he was THAT off his rocker.

Anyway, we can pretty much prove it's not a lie. Given the quote date, if you add Winter (now that we know definitively that this isn't WAS), Tripoli, and Every Breaking Wave, then you have a 70 minute album. Even just 2 of those three makes if far and away their longest record. Case closed. :wink::wink:

Bono, like most people, has the right to change his mind.

He's also prone to making statements about an album far too early. He's the member of the band who thinks all the songs are 'finished' months before the others arrive at that decision.

He's only one member of the band. If the others, and the production team, finally decide the running length is better off being shorter than Bono hinted, well, that's fine. Doesn't make him a liar.

A real 'LIE' would be, after the album release, Bono stating that it is 90 minutes long.

I'm guessing that these '50-60' songs will be spread out over various efforts... NLOTH, the movie, maybe a quick release of another album. If the album isn't 'long' enough for some, they should be able to take heart that the output from U2's overall effort in 2009 might be more substantial, or 'long' than just NLOTH.

uh huh... so you were havin' sex with the little fella then?

'I guess you think you're, you know, like an authority figure, with that stupid fuckin' uniform, huh buddy? King clip-on-tie there, big fuckin' man huh? You know these are the limits of your life, man. The rule of your little fuckin' gate here. Here's your 4 dollars, you pathetic piece of shit.'

'I guess you think you're, you know, like an authority figure, with that stupid fuckin' uniform, huh buddy? King clip-on-tie there, big fuckin' man huh? You know these are the limits of your life, man. The rule of your little fuckin' gate here. Here's your 4 dollars, you pathetic piece of shit.'

Could you people stop?

You're making me want to watch that movie again soooo baaaadly!!!!

Back
Top Bottom