Why are people expecting a leak of the new single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Jesus, ALL I said was my personal opinion was that there was a 50/50 chance it would be played and I gave my reasoning. I wasnt missing any point, I explained my point. I'm basing that on their prior rehearsal/soundcheck habits. It seems like whenever I post about something like this now, you or Axver jump all over me like I'm full of crap. I didnt even say it wouldnt be done, and STILL you guys did it.

Do me a favor please. Block my posts. THANKS

what? why are you getting so defensive? all i did was read your response and disagreed with you.

i'm assuming you're just having a bad day or something so i won't judge you by your above post, for i normally think you make some great points here and tend to agree with you more than not.

Classic Blue Room pessimism. :tsk: How do you function? :sad:

Seriously, I actually agree with him. There's a VERY good chance it gets played, but no guarantee.

LemonMelon said:
Classic Blue Room pessimism. :tsk: How do you function? :sad:

Seriously, I actually agree with him. There's a VERY good chance it gets played, but no guarantee.

See, this is what I dont get. Axver posts that he is 100% sure it will be done when we havent even heard the song yet. I find that more ridiculous than saying there is a 50/50 chance it will be done. Yet, I'm labeled a pessimist?? Sorry, I just look at it from a realistic perspective and typically I base that on what the band have done in the past. Same thing with all the new studio album talk. But I'm a pessimist? Whatever.

I function just fine, thank you. I wonder myself how some fans can go around with blinders on thinking the most outrageous things are going to happen simply because someone posted it on the net. I dont know how THEY function.

Mikal I was having a bad day, so I'm sorry I took it out on you. But there are certain people here that find the need to challenge every little thing I say with this stuff and it does get a tad old.

Axver said:

No, Hands was not a single. It was initially going to be a single, but then it was called off. And it was played multiple times.

:rant: Where's that Playboy mansion remix supposed to be the B-side of Hands? That should leak!

Blue Room said:

But there are certain people here that find the need to challenge every little thing I say with this stuff and it does get a tad old.

that sounds a little pessimistic to me.

Blue Room said:

Mikal I was having a bad day, so I'm sorry I took it out on you. But there are certain people here that find the need to challenge every little thing I say with this stuff and it does get a tad old.

hey, no prob. hope today is better! :)

I actually think Saints has a better chance of being played since it's already been played live.

who's the interference bookie holding the cash on these bets? i'll put $100 on 50/50!

;)

well considering U2 didn't play Electrical Storm I wouldnt say there's a guaruntee Window will get played

but, I expect it will, since U2 wasn't on tour when ES came out

we'll find out soon I guess

Chizip said:
I actually think Saints has a better chance of being played since it's already been played live.

So did ya all see that Saints was played at their rehearsal last night and Windows wasn't :wink:

: patsselfonback :

StlElevation said:

they were singles but not released while a tour was going on.

true, but look at The Sweetest Thing on the Elevation tour.

:shrug:

and about Hands...

I thought it winning a major award like a Golden Globe might make up for it not being a single, meaning it would be played in a concert.

yeah and the sweetest thing was played a handful of times so its not as if it didn't see the light of day

I was just listening to the Chicago 5/16/01 show, and was pleasantly surprised to hear a nice version of The Sweetest Thing.

LemonMacPhisto said:

true, but look at The Sweetest Thing on the Elevation tour.

:shrug:

and about Hands...

I thought it winning a major award like a Golden Globe might make up for it not being a single, meaning it would be played in a concert.

AND it did get a video. I'd say it's just an inch shy of being countable as a single....

Back
Top Bottom