Why all of the negativity????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and on twitter. You keep saying that nobody cares, and I guess that's because you spare yourself from looking at twitter. Or do you just like making insupportable arguments?

Top / All

1. FRESH PRINCE ‏@iEXpressMe 2m
    How the hell do I get rid of this U2 song from my iPad and my phone
    Expand

2. @xlerb (Jed Davis) ‏@xlerb 2m
    …wait. iOS 8 has #WebGL enabled by default? And everyone was talking about U2 instead? #smh
    Expand

3. Devan Summers ‏@DSumms7911 2m
    So pumped I just got the new U2 album with my update! #ShitNoOneSays
    Expand

4. Emilyy ‏@CliffordsHalo 2m
    Can someone instruct me on how to delete the U2 album off my iTunes library?
    Expand

5. Myy ‏@mayafuller 2m
    how can I get U2 on my phone but not IOS8?
    Expand

6. Kevin Hartshorn ‏@Kevzie 2m
    #U2 album deleted. Much better. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6439?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US …

eh hem... excuse me...

So the only way to actually see this on twitter is to either be following all of these people, or to actually search out for it... So my suggestion would be to STOP FUCKING SEARCHING FOR IT.

This way you won't see it, and not have to be so bothered by it! Yay! Win win for everyone!

I don't see any U2 complaining on twitter. Only lame Packer puns from Mikal. Probably has something to so with the lack of 14 year olds on my twitter feed, and the fact that I'M NOT FUCKING SEARCHING FOR IT.

The haters are missing out. I pity them. Almost all of them have never had the pleasure to listen to songs like Bad. I'm listening to Bad right now, and it's these kind of songs that make me grateful that I found this band. So all the people who say crap like "who's this U2 guy?", are just missing out on listening to the greatest band on the planet.

I think that by this time next week, the "HATERS" will have moved on to whatever the next horrible injustice to mankind is (maybe Chris Martin will say he prefers MP3's to vinyl, and that he doesn't like bacon). The apple ad will continue throughout the fall, and in a month's time U2 will be doing the usual stints on SNL, Letterman, etc. Then tour dates will be announced, more will be said about SOE, etc. Hopefully this backlash doesn't scare them out of releasing SOE. The public's perception of U2 should improve from here.

The headline "U2 sells out entire tour in an hour" should help them out.

I stopped caring about what U2 haters have to say at about the same time I stopped caring about those people who say the moon landings are fake. To be honest I get a good laugh out of the idiotic comments these two groups of people make. Entertaining indeed.

eh hem... excuse me...

So the only way to actually see this on twitter is to either be following all of these people, or to actually search out for it... So my suggestion would be to STOP FUCKING SEARCHING FOR IT.

This way you won't see it, and not have to be so bothered by it! Yay! Win win for everyone!

I don't see any U2 complaining on twitter. Only lame Packer puns from Mikal. Probably has something to so with the lack of 14 year olds on my twitter feed, and the fact that I'M NOT FUCKING SEARCHING FOR IT.

You don't like being wrong, do you? I only searched it to prove a point: that people are still pissed at U2.

Yeah but everyone already knows that.

The question is not if people are pissed at U2...the question is why do you care?

It's not that I care that people are pissed off at U2. I didn't really understand the problem, and I think it's overblown, but they can be angry about whatever they want. I just don't like that a good piece of art is being overshadowed by how it's delivered. I was annoyed by all the talk about In Rainbows being free, too.

But the reason I posed the twatter evidence here is because you and Headache were rather condescendingly saying that nobody was angry at U2 any more. Which is demonstrably false. I personally hope it stays this way because it might lessen demand for concert tickets, though that's unlikely because 33 million people listened to the album, and it's U2...they'd sell out the Sun if there were gigs up there.

Which is the problem, and the reason to "care" about the backlash.

Of course it doesn't make a difference in my own personal enjoyment, but music can be communal, intensely personal but also universal. It's nice to share enjoyment with someone. Im sure everyone in here has a story about when a friend also became a fan. It is like a religion in that way, and always has been.

There is great stuff on the album. I'd like to talk about it with as many people as I can because it's simply more fun that way.

Sent from

(CNN) -- Note to the Grammys: You may not want to seat Sharon Osbourne anywhere near U2 at the next awards show.
"The Talk" co-host and wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne went on a Twitter rant about the group's recent free release of its new album on iTunes.
"U2 you are business moguls not musicians anymore," she tweeted. "No wonder you have to give your mediocre music away for free cause no one wants to buy it."

I sense a little jealousy in that statement

Im just waiting for some simpleton who says a simplistic comment such as 'people who hate u2 arent just people with bad taste, but they're bad people'

emoticon-SonicTapsHisFootAtYou.gif

The only way I will care about this supposed "backlash" is if it somehow clouds U2's judgement and they end up not putting out Songs of Experience because of all the bad press.

It will be interesting to see what Bono says tomorrow on KROQ. I'm sure it will come up, and hopefully he doesn't address it too much. I know the DJs are going to ask him about it, and hopefully he keeps it short and stands behind their decision to do what they did. The only thing that would be worse to do now it try and back paddle.

Just listened to the album again and realized (again) how much I love it. It's not the same animal as some of my past favorites (AB, Pop (!)), but it is its own thing and I enjoy it on its own terms. Reality is, the Apple deal was a big blunder from a PR perspective, and I can understand people not wanting unwanted music inserted into their collection or clogging up their limited phone space (even though I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread). Both Apple and the band must have been suffering from some tunnel-vision on this one. I just hope the music wins out in the end because it's great. I think it will, at least as far as the fans are concerned.

Interesting that Bono will be on KROQ -- anyone know if KROQ is playing the single or anything else from the album ?

Sharon Osbourne is an idiot. Someone who allowed the exploitation of their family and over medicated husband by MTV should not publicly attack a band on how their music is paid for and distributed.

I find incredible hypocrisy in the people on Instagram who I see complain via Instagram about invasion of privacy because a U2 album appeared in their iTunes.. As I scroll through their non private Instagram and view pictures of literally every aspect of their life that they photograph and have no problem sharing online.

I find incredible hypocrisy in the people on Instagram who I see complain via Instagram about invasion of privacy because a U2 album appeared in their iTunes.. As I scroll through their non private Instagram and view pictures of literally every aspect of their life that they photograph and have no problem sharing online.

Right. They're busy taking selfies of themselves in their bathroom only wearing their underwear and a duckface, but U2 are the scum of the earth for invading their privacy. :lol:

It will be interesting to see what Bono says tomorrow on KROQ. I'm sure it will come up, and hopefully he doesn't address it too much. I know the DJs are going to ask him about it, and hopefully he keeps it short and stands behind their decision to do what they did. The only thing that would be worse to do now it try and back paddle.

When is this taking place?

Other than avoiding all the negative comments I've come to find them rather entertaining.

The negative stems from idiots. Really. I mean in 2014 THIS is what has people up in arms? Invasion of privacy? STFU. Freedom of Choice is compromised? GTFO. People are idiots plain and simple.

It's like a Pizza place dropping off a free pizza at your doorstep and then people complaining they are assholes for doing that because they wanted Chinese Food! Why are they "forcing" the pizza on you and why weren't you given the choice? And the fact the pizza place even knows where you live is an invasion of your privacy. What's next? Free bread sticks that you didn't even want!? Pizza places have way too much power!

Honestly I'd be freaked out if a pizza was mysteriously left at my doorstep.

If you didn't want to eat you could...you could...you COULD just throw it into the trash...or you could twitter...OMG I JUST GOT A PIZZA I DIDN'T ORDER!

When you take a step back from all of this, you've to laugh if anything.

It'll all work out.

Back
Top Bottom