white as snow = winter ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TCUFrog

The Fly
i just heard dave fanning mention that "white as snow" will be in brothers. so i guess this means winter = white as snow....

hahhahhahah... apparently everyone forgot about this thread....:D

If 'White As Snow' is a single, here's the gotta-be cover...it's another Sugimoto picture.

sugimoto_3_b.jpg

That said, Eno is irked that the band has dropped some of the more contemplative and sonically adventurous songs it developed. "Tell them they're being stupid cunts," he jokes, after playing a lovely discarded ballad called "Winter."

Guess Eno "won" afterall:applaud::drool:

Dave Fanning also said that it was "based on a traditional melody". Maybe an old Irish melody? This could point towards this song being linked to the "Dallas" u2.com video clip (where the band, Eno and Lanois play a haunting melody over and over).

Interesting stuff..

Found these dates on wikipedia;

Region Date
United Kingdom (UK Première) January 23, 2009
United Kingdom February 27, 2009
France March 4, 2009
The Netherlands October 1, 2009
Denmark November 13, 2009
United States TBR 2009

This is what I've been thinking since I read the title White as Snow...it just seemed obviously connected to Winter. And I'll tell ya, it'd better sound as good on the album as it does in that studio clip.

This is what I've been thinking since I read the title White as Snow...it just seemed obviously connected to Winter. And I'll tell ya, it'd better sound as good on the album as it does in that studio clip.

clip?

Rolling Stones have a great song titled "Winter" and so when I hear that title I think of that. "White As Snow" is pretty cool.

i wish i could view that. my WM player always tells me that my security setting won't allow me to view those.

^ Have you tried to download and save it and then open the swf file in your internet browser? I've saved all the u2.com clips and can watch them that way.

when they were talking about the single/album on BBC Radio 1 this morning, the DJ (chris moyles i think) asked this other guy what songs were gonna be on the album and the other guy mentioned "Winter" but i guess he's behind the times with name changes perhaps?

That's an interesting interview with Dave Fanning. So the music for White as Snow is a traditional air with new lyrics by Bono :hmm:

someone going to try and record it? Or do we think the soundtrack will be out soon enough?

Back
Top Bottom