Which song on NLOTH will get UTEOTW treatment live? (OMG Mikal started a thread!?!?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
by this i mean that it seems like every album has a song that gets a large enhancement in the live setting. We saw this with UTEOTW, LNOE, New York, Dirty Day, Exit, etc....

on NLOTH:

- i could see Breathe getting this treatment. while i was hoping for better things with the outro on this song, i could see U2 doing some great things with it.

- obviously, Get On Your Boots has a nice new intro that i hope they use on the tour too.

- Moment Of Surrender also has a great opportunity to be enhanced in the live setting. i can only imagine what The Edge could do towards the end of the song, especially if this closes the show.

what are your thoughts?

I want an extended solo for Magnificent, reminiscent of the one from the U2.com "Three cities" clip.

while i like SUC, i actually wouldn't be surprised if it got the Crumbs treatment (barely played) this tour. maybe i'm wrong, but i'm not sure if this song would work.

while i like SUC, i actually wouldn't be surprised if it got the Crumbs treatment (barely played) this tour. maybe i'm wrong, but i'm not sure if this song would work.

unfortunately i think its going to be the LAPOE of this tour. they will put in a prominent place and make it an every night staple. i like the song, but its one that should not be played every night.

i think breathe has the opportunity to be great live.

i think unknown caller (if they play it every night) will be the one that will benefit the most. the ending of that live could be a huge.

I hope not. I can see SUC becoming a monster live, but in a good way.

That said I'm curious about UC. That chorus could be epic live.

How many voices do they need to sing it? :wink:

NLOTH for sure. The album version is so good but way too short. It needs an additional verse or perhaps the "No! Line!" of the second version at the end. For me it is the only song of the album that doesn't sound truly complete neither does the alternate version. I'm hoping for a much longer and developed live version that could use the strengths of both versions. That could make this song one of my all-time personal favourite just like such treatments did with The Fly (Elevation Tour version :drool:) and Streets for me.

NLOTH for sure. The album version is so good but way too short. It needs an additional verse or perhaps the "No! Line!" of the second version at the end. For me it is the only song of the album that doesn't sound truly complete neither does the alternate version. I'm hoping for a much longer and developed live version that could use the strengths of both versions. That could make this song one of my all-time personal favourite just like such treatments did with The Fly (Elevation Tour version :drool:) and Streets for me.

In other words they just need to play NLOTH 2....that is the sound of a band playing live :D

In other words they just need to play NLOTH 2....that is the sound of a band playing live :D

Well yes but with all the additional effects of the album version :). And please make it longer. It is so good when it trully takes off but then it doesn't last enough time. Let me in the sound please :drool:.

That said I'm curious about UC. That chorus could be epic live.

oh man, it has to be. and it's one of the most beautiful songs U2 has ever written. if they don't play it live I will be :sad:

The solo on UC is already like a minute long, but maybe Edge would extend it? Probably not, it's probably more of a NYD already perfect solo. but it's a thought.

Yeah I think Breathe is the best bet for an extended solo and outro, and SUC is just gonna kick ass.

I get the feeling that if they get adventurous, they could turn FEZ-Being Born into "more" of a "real" song, if that makes any sense. I really love the album version, but I can see them - again, if they play it - turning it into a pretty epic beast.

Fez, they'll probably give it a real ending.

yeah, as much as i like "Being Born", i have a bad feeling that we won't see it on the tour. if anything, i could see "Fez" leading into "NLOTH" for the show opener.

Back
Top Bottom