Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why are people asking if it will be released as a single? It IS a single. As for the video - no idea - I imagine it will come out around or just after the album drop in us, Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why are people asking if it will be released as a single? It IS a single. As for the video - no idea - I imagine it will come out around or just after the album drop in us, Europe.

The funny thing is that the album is already out around here. No problem picking it up on friday. Same thing goes for a lot of places I hear. What ever happened to synchronized worldwide physical release? No drop. It drizzels out slowly...
If I had a say in this the video would be all over YouTube yesterday at the very latest.

My problem is that I'm mentaly still lingering in a world where you would stand in line for the midnight release so you could go home and play it for the first time one o'clock in the morning... We have come a long way since that :hmm:

The funny thing is that the album is already out around here. No problem picking it up on friday. Same thing goes for a lot of places I hear. What ever happened to synchronized worldwide physical release? No drop. It drizzels out slowly...
If I had a say in this the video would be all over YouTube yesterday at the very latest.

My problem is that I'm mentaly still lingering in a world where you would stand in line for the midnight release so you could go home and play it for the first time one o'clock in the morning... We have come a long way since that :hmm:

There has NEVER been a synchronised physical release in the CD age with U2 (I may be wrong, but at least not since Pop). Different countries have different days. It was officially released in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Ireland and a few other countries on Friday, while some stores in other countries just put it out early. It still won't be released in America until the 14th.

I believe it is on iTunes until the broader world-wide release (13 October), and until it stops being available for free, they will put no effort into marketing the single, as they have no means of selling it.

Yeah releases aren't synched because we have different standard release dates. Here most new releases come on Friday, which is the case in a lot of European countries, but it's Tuesday for the US. So either US gets it early, or we do.

Maybe it is just me, but the idea of a video in 2014 being beneficial to a band's exposure just doesn't seem as important as it once was unless you're Nikki Minaj or you do something clever to get a buzz worthy video on YouTube like the band OK Go seems to always do. I don't think it is a lost art form however.

No, not a lost art form at all. In fact videos is getting better and more interesting IMO. And I do believe that, if you want to sell an album or two, it's good thing to be on top of YouTube around the time you are releasing it. U2 have the ways and means to go totally viral and right now (yesterday), I think, would be a very suitable moment to bring on the buzz.

Maybe it is just me, but the idea of a video in 2014 being beneficial to a band's exposure just doesn't seem as important as it once was unless you're Nikki Minaj or you do something clever to get a buzz worthy video on YouTube like the band OK Go seems to always do. I don't think it is a lost art form however.

A video for a band like a U2 is more or less like a business card, its a way of presenting the band anywhere. Before a TV appearance, before a TV special, the news, a variety program, etc.

When you pull a release stunt like the Apple thing and have people everywhere talking about it, you don't need a video for promotional exposure.

Here it is:

iYZycu2JLN0GC.gif

That vídeo should be a warning to all children and their parents.
Don´t let your child do drugs or sniff glue, and use a film camera at the same time.

Civilization as we know it,
will end soon.

Man, sorry but you are so annoying...

Man, sorry but you are so annoying...

No apologies necessary. If it is annoying to point out obvious and widely known fact, then sign me up.

See, to me I find it more annoying that people ask moronic questions about whether or not the known single will one day become a single. I guess we have different frames if reference.

maybe they finally realised it is not as good as they (Bono) thought :lol:

This song is better than most (über) fans give it credit for. I think the reception of this song is suffering from "Vertigo/GOYB" syndrome...in the sense it's a rocker, and a lot of posters on this site want something 'Pop-like'. The Miracle is a great song, and it will be a huge song on the tour.

Missed opportuinty for a better lead single. See Volcano, California or This is where you can reach me now.

Back
Top Bottom