Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, no. California is nothing like Magnificent.

TCB should be the next single. End of discussion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I get to hear this song tomorrow for the first time!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

This song is better than most (über) fans give it credit for. I think the reception of this song is suffering from "Vertigo/GOYB" syndrome...in the sense it's a rocker, and a lot of posters on this site want something 'Pop-like'. The Miracle is a great song, and it will be a huge song on the tour.

Agree with you Miracle is a decent tune but it is in the same vein as Vertigo/GOYB. Didn't they learn anything last time? Should have gone with EBW as first single.

This song is better than most (über) fans give it credit for. I think the reception of this song is suffering from "Vertigo/GOYB" syndrome...in the sense it's a rocker, and a lot of posters on this site want something 'Pop-like'. The Miracle is a great song, and it will be a huge song on the tour.

I've been a bit confused by the lukewarm reception Miracle is getting in some fan quarters...I think it's a great song, and I prefer it to both Vertigo and Boots. I have no idea how much of a "hit" it will become, or if it was the right choice for the first single, but I think it will go off live.

I've been a bit confused by the lukewarm reception Miracle is getting in some fan quarters...I think it's a great song, and I prefer it to both Vertigo and Boots. I have no idea how much of a "hit" it will become, or if it was the right choice for the first single, but I think it will go off live.

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Missed opportuinty for a better lead single. See Volcano, California or This is where you can reach me now.

They had an idea for their album launch that involved coupling with Apple and piggy-backing on the promotion for the new i-products. Part of this involved using one of their singles as part of a 'video' that's a commercial for Apple, much like how Vertigo was used in the past.

Now tell me.. What other song on the album would be a good choice for an Apple 'video'?

The Miracle, which is about the saving power of music, works wonderfully. All the other songs would have felt out of place as the single for this commercial. California, maybe, has the right uplift, but would have required a very odd edit to get the right bits to fit in that time-frame.

Sent from my fingertips.

They had an idea for their album launch that involved coupling with Apple and piggy-backing on the promotion for the new i-products. Part of this involved using one of their singles as part of a 'video' that's a commercial for Apple, much like how Vertigo was used in the past.

Now tell me.. What other song on the album would be a good choice for an Apple 'video'?

The Miracle, which is about the saving power of music, works wonderfully. All the other songs would have felt out of place as the single for this commercial. California, maybe, has the right uplift, but would have required a very odd edit to get the right bits to fit in that time-frame.

Yep. Apple's commercial needs ultimately were surely a large factor in choosing first single. I doubt Apple paid 100 mil for this record and didn't have a say. Besides, Cook said so himself...it's the greatest single ever.

Fascinating that, because Apple essentially bought and paid for this record, they may have gotten to decide, or at least had a major role in deciding what U2's first "single" would be. And that decision would be based almost exclusively on serving Apple's commercial needs.

Yep. Apple's commercial needs ultimately were surely a large factor in choosing first single. I doubt Apple paid 100 mil for this record and didn't have a say. Besides, Cook said so himself...it's the greatest single ever.

Fascinating that, because Apple essentially bought and paid for this record, they may have gotten to decide, or at least had a major role in deciding what U2's first "single" would be. And that decision would be based almost exclusively on serving Apple's commercial needs.

If true, part of me wishes they made this deal in 2009. then maybe Boots wouldn't have been picked as the lead single.

I kid of course.....or do I...... :)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It's not as if every song Apple has ever used in a commercial was a midtempo rocker.

The Miracle was U2's decision and their decision alone. I don't believe for a second that anyone else, except maybe Guy Osery, had any say.

Agreed. I stand by my opinion that the band should have stayed OUT of the building in Cupertino, and they could have had beautiful video footage with EBW playing, and a whole run of touchy feely iphone ads with that lead single playing in the background.
I like the Miracle, but it feels a little tacked on the front of the album because they needed another "rocker" to fit the mold.

Well it looks like the video is now on iTunes. Full length Miracle vid. Why are they still pushing this thing? Physical release day would have been a nice transition over to a new single.

Yes, it's the whole vid. As expected, another performance video that looks very much like the commercial. Only, you know, longer.

Note to Bono: You should really make a choice...either wear the guitar and pretend to play, or don't wear it at all. Kind of kills the illusion when you're playing it in one shot and it's missing in the next. And let's face it, no one is buying it anyway.

Note to Bono, Edge and Larry: No one is buying you smashing up your equipment either. It's not punk rock. YOU'RE not punk rock. Sorry.

Note to Adam: As far as I can see, you're the only one who had the good sense and grace not to fake smashing a guitar, kicking over a mic stand, or disgustedly throwing drum sticks down. +1 for keeping it real.

Yes, it's the whole vide. As expected, the video looks very much like the commercial. Only, you know, longer.

Note to Bono: You should really make a choice...either wear the guitar and pretend to play, or don't wear it at all. Kind of kills the illusion when you're playing it in one shot and it's missing in the next. And let's face it, no one is buying it anyway.

It's a little different, I actually like it.

Note to Adam: As far as I can see, you're the only one who had the good sense and grace not to fake smashing a guitar, kicking over a mic stand, or disgustedly throwing drum sticks down. +1 for keeping it real.

He's the jazzman. Of course he's going to be the composed one. ;)

He's the jazzman. Of course he's going to be the composed one. ;)

I must say CK, the dapper Adam has really grown and emerged out of the fire as seemingly the most well balanced and mature of all of them. The guy really seems like he's in a good place, based on what I've read in interviews. Considering the working class background he comes from, he wears the image of the confident English aristocrat-artist quite comfortably. He acts his age while remaining stylish and without looking old..that's not an easy thing to pull of. He also seems humble and genuinely appreciative of what this band and life has life has given him. I'd also give him the "most improved" award in terms of his musicianship over the years.

He shines in a lot of moments on this record. Well done, Adam.

I must say CK, the dapper Adam has really grown and emerged out of the fire as seemingly the most well balanced and mature of all of them. The guy really seems like he's in a good place, based on what I've read in interviews. Considering the working class background he comes from, he wears the image of the confident English aristocrat-artist quite comfortably. He acts his age while remaining stylish and without looking old..that's not an easy thing to pull of. He also seems humble and genuinely appreciative of what this band and life has life has given him. I'd also give him the "most improved" award in terms of his musicianship over the years.

He shines in a lot of moments on this record. Well done, Adam.

Awwwww. I think that's one of the best posts you've ever made. And honestly, given his issues back during ZooTv (and before), I can only imagine what it took for him to make different choices and put his life on a positive path. I am immensely proud of him on so many levels and truly love and admire him. Well done, indeed.

Sent from my fingertips.

If it has to be a rocker, why not go with Volcano ?

Clearly superior to "the greatest single ever" but non fans of Volcano won't ever admit to it.

So if the video is a simple performance vid - what on earth was the filming on the bridge and at the loch? Every Breaking Wave vid?

Back
Top Bottom