Where are some Beach Clips!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
Don't know about you but i'm hanging out for a taste of the new material.... Please anyone going to Eze pls get us some beach clips!

bazza said:
Don't know about you but i'm hanging out for a taste of the new material.... Please anyone going to Eze pls get us some beach clips!

Well, they're not in Eze anymore the band is in Dublin and Bono is roaming around NY with side trips to Philly and DC and then Boston next week I think and then NY again and maybe Vegas at the end of the month. Eno and Lanois will join them in the studio in November.

Dana

At least there were rumours that someone recorded the new (Fez?) songs in Eze this summer. I would still like to hear those as they were described as "Very very good" :drool:

Originally posted by zsuzso
we were in eze on 19 of july and Bono was there. He had some guests in the house, and he played the new songs...new beach songs but as I saw only 1 girl taped it, noone else. we were good girls and we didn't do any disturbing thing. just swimming in the sea and listening the songs and watching bono's dance on the terrace with a glass of wine in his hand the songs are GOOD!! two of them are VERY VERY good!!! they are not finished yet but in some songs you can feel some Marocco
it's an unforgettable day.

Originally posted by zsuzso
I don't know what was the number, but we were there last year as well when they play the songs. how lucky we are
the lyrics had changed in that song, I'll check which one was it. but it was the only one from the last year's songs, all ot the other were absolutelly new.

the funniest thing was that the songs were played very loud, we thought we are in a stadion concert and the plus thing was that Bono was singing live with the taped songs so "two Bono" were singing together and sometimes he did some very interesting sound like yeaaaaaa and so on... you can imagine...
and sometimes he did some extremly sexy scream well...yes...the wine...

I love it how a dodgy recording of a U2 studio session has become universally recognised by the term "beach clip"

Of course, now we'll have to figure out what clips are from the Fez/Passengers part II project and what fits with the regular U2 album.

I was actually in Eze a little over a month ago. Went there on the train, and just missed the bus up to the village, had to wait an hour for the next one so went down to the beach for swim. I walked down the little road/path from the train station to the beach and just sort of stopped there and looked up and down the beach, saw a huge house at one end that is the same colour as Bono's, just assumed that was it. Started to get undressed, turned around and looked up and there it is looming like the death star right behind me. As anyone who has been there would know, the main public path from the train station to the beach partly runs down one side of it. I immediately felt ridiculous, like I had a 'U2 Fan' sign around my neck and sort of felt uncomfortable about being there, as someone who reads a story about a fan hanging around outside Bono's gates in Ireland and just thinks it's a really foul thing to do.

The beach is tiny, even in the water you're only a few metres away from the house. The only other people on that part of the beach were a few guys probably in their early 20's, on towels, a little further up and very close to the house. When I came back in and was drying myself off, you could very clearly hear an instantly recognisable Irish male yelling at a little kid, who was in turn screaming, it sounded like the kid was getting chased around, could hear the certain Irish male yell out "Get back here" and a few other things. The weirdest was a couple of bursts of a sort of "eeeeeeaaaaaaayyy!!!!" while obviously going after the kid, and it just sounded spot on like a wail at a concert or something, booming out over the otherwise quiet beach. The thing was though, as soon as he was heard, those kids popped up instantly and moved closer, right up to the wall, with something - perhaps just phones, maybe cameras, maybe just their iPods, don't know - in hand. Two things: I can't imagine how cool it must be, some of those stories about people who have been lying on the beach there listening to Bono actually singing 'live' over new U2 tracks. The place is really idyllic and quiet and absolutely stunningly beautiful. But I also don't know how people in good conscience can just hang out there like that for days and hours on end, recording and really, be honest, stalking. As cool as it was in one way, being that close and hearing obvious private family interaction also felt like a real invasion, really crossing a line, even though it is a public beach and I actually had no idea that path was going to spit me out right in front of his house.

Back
Top Bottom