When will we first see WITS video??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
cuz You Tube is massive?

Bit torrent's pretty massive too and yet I don't see any official U2 torrents. They have their own webspace on a popular, prominent website - I don't get why they're instead throwing videos on YouTube like an up and coming band trying to get hits on the mainstrream radar. What's next, the official U2 MySpace? :|

Axver said:

Bit torrent's pretty massive too and yet I don't see any official U2 torrents. They have their own webspace on a popular, prominent website - I don't get why they're instead throwing videos on YouTube like an up and coming band trying to get hits on the mainstrream radar. What's next, the official U2 MySpace? :|

Why on Earth wouldn't they use these sites?

They're massive and they're free.

LyricalDrug said:

Ummm, do you know how the Internet works? No offense but thank goodness you're not in charge of U2's marketing!

:wink:

Thank God he's not in charge of ANYONE'S marketing.

"Don't do anything. We'll get by on street cred."

It's just strange, that's all. Previously, it seemed U2 and their team were all talk and no walk about embracing new technology, and now suddenly they're just chucking copywritten material on YouTube? Ah well, considering how easily hacked U2.com evidently is, maybe this is for the best!

And while the topic's up, if I were U2's marketing team, I would've been on bit torrent from day one, and I wouldn't have let this dreadful WITS video get past even the planning stage.

Thanks for giving us factual information chizip, I want to know how you saw that video. But from i hear the crowd shots are filmed in melbourne so i guess thats the one and only WITS video.

LyricalDrug said:

Ummm, do you know how the Internet works? No offense but thank goodness you're not in charge of U2's marketing!

:wink:

The internet is a series of tubes.

Axver said:

The official u2 myspace has been around since September.

And Bittorrent isnt massive, ask a random bloke on the street does he know what bittorrent is and he wouldnt have a clue ask him about youtube and ha probably would know all about it. Youtube is becoming as well known as Google is

As long as you need to play with the firewall/ports in order to get good speeds for torrents, only those who have an intermediate (and upwards) level of computer knowledge will take use of it. It's pretty simple, but not as much as giving a double-click to download a tune, or search and play something in YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom