When can we expect a U2.com redesign??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhowells

The Fly
Shouldn't this have happened already? The site looks really dated with the old HTDAAB design coupled with the new NLOTH announcements. Maybe I'm mistaken, but shouldn't u2.com now be reflecting the new NLOTH "feel" given most of the major announcements have been made???

I suspect Monday when the single is out because I think that's when it got overhauled last time with Vertigo.

Patience. I don't know what the timeline of the last relaunch, but I'd imagine not before the first single is released.

Seems like they are doing a good job of dealing out a bit of info each day

that old site looks like ass though. they should take it down now

I hope the new site reads less like an encyclopedia :heart:

they have been first with all the real news about the album
so i don't doubt they're finally someone is putting some time & energy into the site and we'll see a redesign soon

It's imminent. They said they were going to delay all subscription renewals until they were revamped and I was prompted (yesterday) that my subscription will expire in 30 days (which should have expired at some point in December). Also, their email app mentions verbiage to the extent that it's under construction. So, if not Monday, sometime before NLOTH is released (which goes without saying).

The sad part is that they were offering me the same renewal bonus as I received in 2007 (U2 Go Home Double CD and T-shirt). I figured by now they'd at least have some nice Vertigo Tour giveaways.

this will likely never happen, but the ideal subscription gift would be the anton corbijn film on dvd. so then we could just buy the standard cd or lp

I would say the absolute dead line would be a few days before the new album. However the sooner with all the press the better as people will go there to get new info on the upcoming album.

Also depends on how complex the redesign is. If it is just a face lift should be pretty fast now that the album cover design and feel are picked. Just a matter of switching out the old graphics with the new. However if it is a new website built from the ground up could be another story. Often in new builds you can run into bugs that can delay the launch.

I wonder if there will be a cheesy computer game, like the Vertigo one, where you had to jump from building to building!

This.

Hmm...how 'bout a Flash game where you're Bono and the computer is The Edge, and you have to compete to see who can get on their boots the fastest?
:hyper:

Or a flash game where Edge is running around while on fire and you, as Bono, have to put it out?

Or a flash game where Edge is running around while on fire and you, as Bono, have to put it out?

Or a flash game where you, as Larry, attempt to destroy Passengers, which has assumed the form of Brian Eno.

"Can you tell the real one apart from the fake one? Does it even matter in the end?"

Somewhere this week, around 12:00 AM

For both questions :shifty:

They really shouldn't bury the renewal info in the forums. I don't check them regularly and neither does alot of members...

Back
Top Bottom