What's next??!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
Okay, at the time it's about 40 days to the tour. We're all ready for what's next. The 'Where the album has a name' thread is almost dead, there's simply no news on the band, except the announcements for new shows.

Bono has been seen around the world and looks ready to tour again.

So: Come back with a bang, deliver SOE to the world, with decent (band) videos and attack the radio/internet with the new sound and songs; Release another song from SOI (not a 'half-baked' release as EBW), to keep this album in sight; some new appearances in shows (US).

Show us the relevance and start a kind of ZooTV/Zooropa period. With lots of releases and technics for promoting a band in the modern way.

Oh, by the way: U2.com release the long-awaited fanclub gift. It's been almost half a year since the announcement.......

Show us the relevance and start a kind of ZooTV/Zooropa period. With lots of releases and technics for promoting a band in the modern way.

So the way you show you're "modern" and 'relevant" today is by highlighting 25 year old songs? The same songs they pulled out and highlighted in the later stages of the last tour?

Were you drinking Nick? He said nothing about highlighting the songs from ZooTV/Zooropa, he was talking about the release method.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So the way you show you're "modern" and 'relevant" today is by highlighting 25 year old songs? The same songs they pulled out and highlighted in the later stages of the last tour?

Ummmmm........ what are you talking about? There was nothing mentioned that even remotely suggested highlighting 25 year old songs.

-U2 needs to get on the road and rock some arenas. Do what there best at.

-Create some buzz and make people realize U2 is the must see band again.

-Release SOE next spring (maybe fall) and have a song that delivers. Nothing fancy about the release. Just put it out and let the music do the talking.

-Do stadiums in 2016.

I think SOI is a great album but I think the band is saving the big guns/hits for SOE.

Were you drinking Nick? He said nothing about highlighting the songs from ZooTV/Zooropa, he was talking about the release method.

That's exactly what I meant.:applaud:

If Songs of Experience doesn't do better in the sales department - whats next should be retirement unless they want to become the rock dinosaurs that they never wanted to become all those years ago.

Oh, by the way: U2.com release the long-awaited fanclub gift. It's been almost half a year since the announcement.......

How long are you a U2.com member? This has been the case for years... They announce it before christmas, release somewhere april.

If Songs of Experience doesn't do better in the sales department - whats next should be retirement unless they want to become the rock dinosaurs that they never wanted to become all those years ago.

They gave it away... What part of that do some of you not get? There was never any inkling of a thought that this album would sell well.

How long are you a U2.com member? This has been the case for years... They announce it before christmas, release somewhere april.

I've been a member since the very beginning and I know it always lasts a long time, but this time it lasts longer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I've been a member since the very beginning and I know it always lasts a long time, but this time it lasts longer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

We've had an announcement in september, that was sent out in may. If I recall correctly that was Duals. :lol: After such a long wait, dissappointment hit even harder than usual.

photo_zps7c21481a.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom