What we really do know about NLOTH ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now it's clear, that in between the visits by "Q" and "RS" in November/early December and the real finish of the album and the definition of track names, tracklist, single-choices and even the definite lyrics must have passed some time. The 'official' sources we have so far, describe only the state of the art, when the album was in its final touches – but not the finished work. Uncertainty still rules!:drool:

Now it's clear, that in between the visits by "Q" and "RS" in November/early December and the real finish of the album and the definition of track names, tracklist, single-choices and even the definite lyrics must have passed some time. The 'official' sources we have so far, describe only the state of the art, when the album was in its final touches – but not the finished work. Uncertainty still rules!:drool:
What do you think?:wave:

YOU should knock it off.

I bet you're the really annnoying dude in the crowd at the u2 show going "WHOA-O...WHOA-O-WHOO-WHOA" trying get the rest of the crowd to join you desparetly hoping the band will play "Elevation".

I've actually never heard a U2 song, I would rather talk about how good they are based on someone else's description...

I think this is spot on... That's why all this whining and speculation is so frustrating.

Neither Q nor RS have heard the final album!!!

A handful(if that much) have only heard a work in progress, and even if they have heard the final versions of songs more than likely only once through.

So there isn't much to go on... And there really isn't ANYTHING worthy of getting bent out of shape over. NOTHING...

So let's all get over ourselves...

I've actually never heard a U2 song, I would rather talk about how good they are based on someone else's description...

Y'know sometimes I read some of your comments and they make me laugh out loud, but other times I shake my head and cringe.

Were you not hugged enough as a kid or something?

EDIT: this comment is funny, some of the others are what I'm referring to

I think this is spot on... That's why all this whining and speculation is so frustrating. Neither Q nor RS have heard the final album!!!
:up:, you got it – but at least some of the fogs around the tracks and the moment, in which they were captured by Q & RS, have disappeared ...

According to the new RS article, Winter has been dropped from the album. It sounded pretty good though, I hope we hear it as a b-side or something.

According to the new RS article, Winter has been dropped from the album. It sounded pretty good though, I hope we hear it as a b-side or something.

"Eno is irked that the band has dropped some of the more contemplative and sonically adventurous songs it developed. "Tell them they're being stupid cunts," he jokes, after playing a lovely discarded ballad called "Winter.""

I fear, you might be right – but the band was still in studio from that point until shortly before X-mas. A lot, really a lot could have happened there regarding the definite song choice. By the way, I don't think Q and RS were that far apart from each other. Q stated, that the sessions were completed in a feverish pace in November. There the album-audition happened, one week later was the infamous private-car-listening. We know at least the (after-)production of the Eno-songs lasted a lot longer.
Plus: Bono kind of confirmed in the "Irish Independent", that it has come out "very long" for U2 standards (12 tracks was the longest with AB & POP so far, without the bonus ones) – whatever that means.
So, we don't know, if "Winter" has made it ...

I was thinking, a 24 page book is a little big as far as CD books go isnt it?

I dont mean that in a bad way, quite the opposite.

Piccies! :hyper: Lyrics? :drool: I miss the lyrics...

Oh god, so damn confusing. :huh: :angry:

Though i'd believe the Q articles over the RS ones.

"We were working very hard in London at a place called Olympic Studios and that's where U2 was recording, but they closed down just before Christmas.

"So we didn't really get home until just before Christmas, but we're making up for it now."

They were finished in December, not November.

"Eno is irked that the band has dropped some of the more contemplative and sonically adventurous songs it developed. "Tell them they're being stupid cunts," he jokes, after playing a lovely discarded ballad called "Winter.""

I fear, you might be right – but the band was still in studio from that point until shortly before X-mas. A lot, really a lot could have happened there regarding the definite song choice. By the way, I don't think Q and RS were that far apart from each other. Q stated, that the sessions were completed in a feverish pace in November. There the album-audition happened, one week later was the infamous private-car-listening. We know at least the (after-)production of the Eno-songs lasted a lot longer.
Plus: Bono kind of confirmed in the "Irish Independent", that it has come out "very long" for U2 standards (12 tracks was the longest with AB & POP so far, without the bonus ones) – whatever that means.
So, we don't know, if "Winter" has made it ...

Exactly what I wrote above – cheers@u2girl:wave:

Actually, it would be so cool if only when the album is released we get to know the tracklisting. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom