What U2 Album do you think NLOTH resemble most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hey guys,

Just got the album today. Really enjoying it. I think it is a fantastic record and the songs really work together. I'm just wondering what U2 album from the past do you guys think the album resembles and for what reason?

I'm still trying to put my finger on this one!

I have to agree with the assessment that the new album is a mixture of "The Unforgettable Fire" and "Zooropa" with a dash of the "Bomb" in tracks 5, 6, and 7.

I think NLOTH most closely resembles... NLOTH. ;)

Seriously, it's hard to compare this to any single album, and to try to link it to another album kinda deteriorates it. But that's just me.

It's a new record. It contains various sounds from many of their previous records. But NLOTH resembles none of those records.

TUF + Zooropa + Passengers

But it still sounds fresh, that's the beauty of the thing. :sexywink:

The Unforgettable Fire

Though tracks 5-7 are like a BomB revisit, a successful one as well, an unusual but surprisngly effective way of splitting the album up and accomodating for more accessibility and mainstream appeal.

Remarkably, it actually contributes to the album's cohesion, an intermission of sorts after the raw emotion of tracks 2-4 and the sheer beauty of tracks 8-11.

Some Unforgettable Fire, a dash of Pop and/or Zooropa, 3 tracks could easily have been on HTDAAB, and the first 5 tracks rival Joshua Tree for the strongest sequence of songs on any U2 album.

To me, this album is so different from any of their other records that I think in the future it'll be classified as archetypical for forthcoming records! That being said, I would say the closest in musical atmosphere to me would be UF.

Back
Top Bottom