What track on new album are you most excited to hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pick...the Magnificent-MOS-Unknown Caller suite.

Does that count?

heck yeah that counts! i believe, based on two beach clips and a great review, that this trio will be talked about for a long time. :hyper:

The one that sounds the least like "Get On Your Boots"

Hahaha, just kiddin. Defenitely Fez.

For me, the more out there the better.

heck yeah that counts! i believe, based on two beach clips and a great review, that this trio will be talked about for a long time. :hyper:

Yes, I know that this sounds like we're getting ahead of ourselves, but I don't see how this could possibly fail to be one of the best U2 stretches ever. There, I said it.

Yes, I know that this sounds like we're getting ahead of ourselves, but I don't see how this could possibly fail to be one of the best U2 stretches ever. There, I said it.

don't worry, i'm with ya. my only concern is "Magnificent", just because it hit me so quickly. i just hope it has lasting power.

in order, starting from the songs I want to hear most...

Magnificent
Stand Up Comedy
No Line on the Horizon
Fez-Being Born
Cedars of Lebanon
Unknown Caller
Breathe
White as snow
Moment of surrender
crazy tonight

and I'm really anxious to experience Linear, by U2 and Corbijn:hyper:

I'm excited to hear the song that (hopefully) sounds like the "larryinstudio" clip on U2.com. I haven't seen an opinion from anybody on Interference as to what song that might have evolved into, but I've been really excited about that clip.

to be clear: http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larryinstudio.swf

I've been saying for a while I have a feeling it is MOS. THis is definitely my favorite U2.com

I've been saying for a while I have a feeling it is MOS. THis is definitely my favorite U2.com

it's weird, because i've watched that one a couple times, but never really paid attention to the music, but it seems like a great piece of work!

Breathe, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, and Moment of Surrender. But especially Breathe.

And Magnificent. And the other two, as well. :wink:

^ lol, digitize! :lol:

Unknown Caller def at number 1 for me.

Im busting to hear all of them though~!
MOS will also be epic, and I can't wait to hear them segue

I seriously don't know hahaha, this is fucking awesome....

I guess Magnificent if I had to pick one just based off the beach clip but I really don't know :hyper:

i think about JT and ATYCLB as top heavy albums, and think that the first 4 here give it that same feel. The difference is that the rest seem equally amazing

Agreed, definitely.

Here's a thought, of course it's useless and subjective, but:

No Line better than JT but not quite as good as AB?

That's the prediction I have for how well I will like it.

I have thinking for months about this, like many of you.

Agreed, definitely.

Here's a thought, of course it's useless and subjective, but:

No Line better than JT but not quite as good as AB?

That's the prediction I have for how well I will like it.

I have thinking for months about this, like many of you.

I think that will lie in the strength of songs like WAS, COL, Fez and Crazy.

JT has probably better songs than AB, but fewer great ones.

So consistant quality would put it over JT, but if these mentioned songs are also amazing, it could be something special

JT is only top-heavy at first glance. What makes the album so stunningly amazing is how the second half grows on you, and how, in the end, it all flows together so amazingly well. Plus, Mothers of the Disappeared closes it. :drool::drool::drool: I'm thinking (read: really hoping) No Line will resemble this.

Achtung Baby, however, is amazingly consistent throughout. The last three tracks stood out to me as just as amazing as the rest of the album, even on first listen, although it took me a long, long time to actually fully 'get' the album.

I think that will lie in the strength of songs like WAS, COL, Fez and Crazy.

JT has probably better songs than AB, but fewer great ones.

So consistant quality would put it over JT, but if these mentioned songs are also amazing, it could be something special

Far Fewer, IMHO.

What intriques me about No Line is the potential to have one album with the strengths of JT and AB- a breathtaking opening sequence, but with consistency througout.

I find it very encouraging that Breathe is second to last. Can you imagine hearing that song after what comes first?

Far Fewer, IMHO.

What intriques me about No Line is the potential to have one album with the strengths of JT and AB- a breathtaking opening sequence, but with consistency througout.

I find it very encouraging that Breathe is second to last. Can you imagine hearing that song after what comes first?

Exact-a-lacktily.

I want to hear Get on Your Boots because it will sound twice as good smack in the

middle of the rest of that incredible stuff.

Magnificent.

The beach clip grabbed me by the balls.

But reading impressions of its final form and hearing some new drumming arrangements by Larry in one of the studio clips have me even more excited... this one is set to be a monster!

I'd pick Magnificent because what I've heard from the beach clips is just... awesome. But since I already kinda have a feel for it, and breathe, and unknown caller, (obvious GOYB as well) I wanna hear something I have very little knowledge about, so probably Fez - Being Born. I like a challenge! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom