What track on new album are you most excited to hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't believe the hype! I'm sure it's a beautiful song but nothing could live up the hyperbole slung about this track. It's not fair to the song to go into your fist listen with massive expectations.

Weirdly enough my choice is I'll Go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight or whatever god awful title they've given it.
It started off sounding like it was a poppy Sweetest Thing kind of track and now we hear it's a political song. I'm intrigued but I have no expectations.

Also Fez - Being Born. Another terrible title but veeery intriguing sounding song. Unknown Caller as well.

Stand Up Comedy I'm not so excited about. 70's rock. Blues inspired riffing. Not my thing. Of course one reviewer also compared it to AB so who the heck nows.

Also not too jazzed about Magnificent. Worst song title of them all. Sounds like the title to Creed's comeback album. Hopefully it SOUNDS great.

:hyper::hyper::hyper: Actually i want to hear them all
RIGHT NOW. :hyper::hyper:

you obviously didn't listen to beach clip 4....Magnificent is amazing, at least the framework of it.

and who cares about titles?

Magnificent...and everything after, based more on track order than the beach clip.

The beach clip makes it sound like there's such a driving momentum, and then glorious climax to the song...I was sure for a while it was Cedars, because it was clearly an "ending" type of song.

And they put it second? What the hell do they have that's so good it could come after it? That's what I'm looking forward to, really.

Magnificent!!!!

I've promised myself that if the album leaks, that I won't download it, I'll just wait for it to come out. But if someone has them as individual songs, I won't be able to stop myself from getting Magnificent.

Must have it NOW!

Magnificent...and everything after, based more on track order than the beach clip.

The beach clip makes it sound like there's such a driving momentum, and then glorious climax to the song...I was sure for a while it was Cedars, because it was clearly an "ending" type of song.

And they put it second? What the hell do they have that's so good it could come after it? That's what I'm looking forward to, really.

i have a feeling it's faster and harder than the beach clip makes it out to be. i'm still really looking forward to it.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Magnificent will be the best and most "U2 sounding" song on the album. Maybe even the most "u2 sounding" song of the 2000s.

I've never been so nervous for a U2 album... "Boots" got me on edge... It's taken me time to get into it... I just hope I fall in love with it like I think I will...

I have no song that I am most excited about because I am excited about them all. These next weeks before release of the album are going to be very difficult. You can reach but you just can grab it as someone in a distant past said. When I heard Boots on the radio I was very excited and it has become a better and better song for me but with the video it just blows me away. It just gives the song a visual aspect that was missing and makes me listen to it time and time again. I think that hearing all the songs together on the cd will give them something extra and I hope that U2 continues to add that visual aspect to their songs like they did with Boots. Ok, a song that I really want to hear is Unknown Caller. If it is anything like the beachclip it is going to be incredible.

All of them. :D

Seriously, though, I haven't heard the 2008 Beach clips, so the only song I've heard is Get On Your Boots. I sort of want to keep it a surprise until I hear the full album.

Moment Of Surrender and White As Snow sound interesting, though, from the song titles.

I was most excited for Unknown Caller and Magnificent,

but

after the most recent reviews (with existential lyrics quoted:love:) I have to go with

Moment of Surrender. :heart:

My list in order:

No Line On The Horizon
It's the opener, and of the last 16 years of U2 albums, the opener has been amongst the 3 best songs off the entire album. And I love the title. I have very high hopes for it, and the opening chords of the album will always remain special. (except for R&H)
Breathe
Because I love the beach clip - even if it sounds unfinished. Can't wait to see what it's become.
Stand Up Comedy
U2 doing Led Zeppelin and Bono being ironic in the same song sounds like a dream come true, no?
Cedars of Lebanon
"Choose your enemies carefully 'cause they will define you." YES, BONO, YES.
Fez/Being Born
Mostly because this might be Tripoli, and from the descriptions, that was the song that intrigued me most.
Unknown Caller
In the beginning, I didn't like the beach clip, but it has really grown on me and I can't wait to hear the finished thing. Just seeing the Here Is What Is clip gave me shivers.
Moment of Surrender
Sounds great, what can I say.
Magnificent
I love the beach clip like everyone else, but it sounds so finished. It's also the song we've seen the most of from U2.com. It's gonna be great hearing it, but not as exciting as the other ones.
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
From the descriptions it sounds like a good song, but the title makes me cringe and it's supposed to be the pop song of the album. Not the most exciting one to me.
White As Snow
It might be a beautiful ballad, but I'm always intrigued by the loud stuff first. I'll probably discover its greatness a couple of days after, and then fall madly in love with it, but until now, this has got me the least intrigued.

Magnificent, without a doubt. I loved it the very moment I heard it. If the track sucks, I will be heartbroken.

Is Breathe Beach Clip 2? I don't find anything that great about that song, apart from the guitar part at the end. For me it's a bit boring, sounds like it could have be on HTDAAB, alongside Crumbs From Your Table.

Is Breathe Beach Clip 2? I don't find anything that great about that song, apart from the guitar part at the end. For me it's a bit boring, sounds like it could have be on HTDAAB, alongside Crumbs From Your Table.

The versus sound a bit interesting, just sort of a hint of anger in the delivery, but yeah, the choruses are pretty uninspiring. Does sound a bit Bomb-Mercy-ish. Standard 00s U2 anthem type thing. I know that's what defines U2 to a lot of people in here now, so, if it's good, it's okay by me. Really, what I’m most interested in are any/all of the ones we have not a clue about yet.

I also think it’s kind of amazing that if we didn’t have whoever that was on the beach for that one day, we might not even have beach clips. We wouldn’t have much of a clue of what is what based on the short bits from formal videos, and literally no idea about other songs. Pretty cool.

Of course all of the Moment of Surrender talk is pretty exciting.

I don’t always trust descriptions that lean back on other albums. People were calling Love and Peace some sort of Zooropa/Pop throwback. Other Bomb songs as Achtung or whatever. Described ‘Sometimes’ as the new ‘One’. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

I am excited for all of it. We have never gotten too many third party, non band member sources saying a new album was this brilliant. Every review has said this has U2 classic in the mold of JT and AB written all over it.

Since I am reasonably sure that we will love Unknown Caller, Magnificent and Moment of Surrender, I heavily anticipate these but that is tempered by knowing(mostly) what is coming.

What I am most excited for is new sounds, so here goes:

Stand up Comedy:U2 needs another nice experimental hard rocker, in the mold of God Part II, Dirty Day or Exit. Looking forward to the performance Larry turns in here.

No Line on the Horizon: Everything about this is intriguing, plus U2 has a damn good track record with title tracks: UF, Zooropa, and on some days, I throw October in there.

Fez-Being Born:The recent lyrics confirmed plus the description of this as the most experimental, sum up the album track have me really excited for this one. That 6 oclock opening verse and the Africa sun, etc sounds like it will sound spectacular put to any music. So vivid, so evocative of the wide open road, of panaromas, etc. In fact, this sounds like the album that will be taking us on a journey, telling stories and making places visible more so than any since JT days.

However, I am most excited for Cedars of Lebanon: Ever since I first read that this was a rumoured title(January 2008) it floored me. Something about it caught me, maybe because I once knew a GORGEOUS girl from Lebanon, but anyways. I pegged this one as political, given the 2006 to present events in Lebanon and the war coorespondent in a ruined land in a searching, reflective mood for me, really is evocative of Love is Blindness. COL, like LIB seems to be a reflective, desperate cry for sanity amidst events that the human mind cannot understand; terrorist bombings, continuing fights from thousands of yrs ago while both sides suffer for generations, politicians who put ego and prestige before what is best for the future of their people, etc. In fact, WOWY descriptions for an experimental album bring us to something near that sound. I really think this is the next LIB.

A friend of mine reminded me today of the fact that the Cedars takes its title from an obscure verse of Isaiah Chapter 14.

I want to hear it all. I can't remember that i have never been sooo nervous for an album release as this one. POP/ATYCLB and HTDAAB where exciting, but this is amazing.
All of the pre-listening reviews drives me crazy. Me and my wife (both U2 fans .. my wife has bono's signature tatooed on her wrist) are desperately waiting ..

Of course i won't download NOTHING. I want to buy it ... drive home (no listening in my car) ... open my CD player. Turn the sound out VERY LOUD ... and then just enjoy what spirit it will bring to me (and my wife).

I'm not that emotional guy but i will have a tear in my eye i guess .... and then i will play the CD over and over and over again :)

Back
Top Bottom