What track on new album are you most excited to hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd pick Magnificent because what I've heard from the beach clips is just... awesome. But since I already kinda have a feel for it, and breathe, and unknown caller, (obvious GOYB as well) I wanna hear something I have very little knowledge about, so probably Fez - Being Born. I like a challenge! :hyper:

totally agree. can't wait for Fez!

The early version of the song No Line on the Horizon sounded interesting; the one that was talked about in the USA Today article during the Sundance Film Festival last year.

Besides that, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender and Fez-Being Born sound very interesting.

Great now I keep listening to the beach stuff again and want to hear all of those just as much as everything else. Is this album out yet!? :angry:

Moment of Surrender. It better live up to all the hype. I think it will

Don't believe the hype! I'm sure it's a beautiful song but nothing could live up the hyperbole slung about this track. It's not fair to the song to go into your fist listen with massive expectations.

Weirdly enough my choice is I'll Go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight or whatever god awful title they've given it.
It started off sounding like it was a poppy Sweetest Thing kind of track and now we hear it's a political song. I'm intrigued but I have no expectations.

Also Fez - Being Born. Another terrible title but veeery intriguing sounding song. Unknown Caller as well.

Stand Up Comedy I'm not so excited about. 70's rock. Blues inspired riffing. Not my thing. Of course one reviewer also compared it to AB so who the heck nows.

Also not too jazzed about Magnificent. Worst song title of them all. Sounds like the title to Creed's comeback album. Hopefully it SOUNDS great.

:hyper::hyper::hyper: Actually i want to hear them all
RIGHT NOW. :hyper::hyper:

Unknown Caller.

I've been one of those U2 fans who, while totally loving ATYCLB and HTDaAB, kind of always hoped that they'd return to that more experimental stuff. Apparently, this is the album I've been waiting for.

So why am I most excited for the one song described to be most like ATYCLB? Because goddamn that's a beautiful chorus.

And I really hope they haven't managed to blow it, so that's the one I want to hear the most.

i want to hear IGCIIDGCT - such a ridiculous title, i am strangely intrigued and almost terrified. if i had my pick right now, it would be that.

Breathe for sure, but also Unknown Caller and Magnificent, let's face it, I'm dying to hear all of them!!

No Line On The Horizon

First song is very important for me... how the album starts influences somehow the rest of the album. And the fact that the song itself names the album... it must be good!! :drool::drool::drool:

Get On Your Boots...only kidding:wink:

The track I`m most looking forward to is either Magnificent or Fez-Being Born.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

No Line On The Horizon and Fez - Being Born, the former because its the first track and from its descriptions sounds exciting and the latter because it is challenging and experimental and it reminds me of Zooropa.

one thing that is getting me excited on this album is the fact that it will have a 3rd song with more than 7 minutes... that's a "fuck off the mainstream, here's the great music" atitude... therefore, Moment Of Surrender must be the one I am more excited about.

I don't know where to post this, but I think it's very interesting.

I've just read two reviews on the local press, the first ones since in my country the album was first listened to by the press yesterday.
One of the writers is a very reputed man who is not famous for complying with rockstars, in fact he wrote some severe critics about HTDAAB, the other one is a U2 fan, but he's quite balanced.
What I'm delighted about is that both men say this album is very good. They choose different songs, for the u2 fan the best are Magnificent and No Line On The Horizon, he says this album is clearly defined and that it marks a new era for the band, he also says it's midway between the epic of the 80s and a dark celebration.
The other writer highlights Breathe (he says it is the best song), No Line on The Horizon, Stand Up Comedy and Cedars of Lebanon, he also has good words for Get On Your Boots, he says it's not the sonic departure some people are talking about, but that the melodies are everything but commercial, that the lyrics are very inspired and that Edge's guitar riffs are intense and dark, he concludes saying that it's U2's most cerebral album, but that they show they have something to say and they say it amanzingly. (oh he also says he thought about TJT at some moments)

Are you all reading the reviews? They are pouring in.

If it isn't their best I think this will become my favorite U2 album. I have been waiting 17 years for this!!!!!

I can't wait to listen to whole thing all the way through!!!

The first 3 tracks, they sound very awesome & epic :drool:

I can't believe I'm saying this...because I cringe when I hear descriptions like "an overt pop tune" but after reading all of those reviews I'm kind of getting excited to hear "...Crazy Tonight"

I can't believe I'm saying this...because I cringe when I hear descriptions like "an overt pop tune" but after reading all of those reviews I'm kind of getting excited to hear "...Crazy Tonight"

pop songs can be good when placed correctly on an album. after what sounds like a very serious, atmospheric beginning, "Crazy Tonight" may be exactly what the album needs at track #5.

pop songs can be good when placed correctly on an album. after what sounds like a very serious, atmospheric beginning, "Crazy Tonight" may be exactly what the album needs at track #5.

I think you and I or maybe someone else had spoken about album flow and how their last couple of albums seemed to lack that. It seems like they really got it down for this album.

CT and GOYB do indeed seem like perfect little pick me ups before the album goes "dark".

I think we can start to see the "daylight" and "darkness" songs now. It seems like the first half of the album is "daylight" and the second half starting with GOYB turns much darker. I love the idea of having some harder tunes at the END of the album, because it seems that for so long they seem to put all of the harder stuff at the beginning of their albums before lulling you to sleep at the end (with a few exceptions)

Back
Top Bottom