What songs are in contention to being on the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SecretFly

War Child
Just curious guys about what songs are in contention to being on the new album. Some of the titles will possibly change but here is a list of some of the songs in contention:

Moment Of Surrender (already confirmed to be on the album by Brian Eno)
One Bird
For Your Love
Mercy
No Line On The Horizon
If I Could Live My Life Again
Love Is All We Have Left
North Star
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
You Can't Give Away Your Heart

Out of all these songs I like the title One Bird. Its sound interesting. Anyone else have any more?

they are the ones that are listed on atu2. com - I really dont think Mercy will be there - well at least under the name of Mercy

Don't know about those song titles. Instant impression I get is that they are slow songs, talking about love and reflection. Hope I'm wrong, the name 'Electrical Storm' sounded like it would be a rocker.

All because of you sounded like a ballad and it turned out to be quite rocky.

All because of you sounded like a ballad and it turned out to be quite rocky.

very true. i'm really liking they are keeping things closer to their chest this time round.....its keeping us guessing

That's probably all the titles. Moment of Surrender is the only one confirmed (by Eno).

Song and album title debate threads always seem to be very popular here, but why? It's like when Star Wars fans tried to guess what the title of the next film would be (although George Lucas did acknowledge - after the fact, of course - that people did correctly guess Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith). So maybe fans will get the title of the album or some of the songs right. As has been pointed out ad nauseaum though, the title of a song by itself isn't an indicator as to what style / tempo etc it may be, and doesn't offer much in the way of lyrical direction either. For me anyway, the melody / arrangement / lyrics of a song are more important than the title, although obviously plenty disagree!

This is always the sign that we need a new album, isn't it?! Something new to listen to and dissect.

Just curious guys about what songs are in contention to being on the new album. Some of the titles will possibly change but here is a list of some of the songs in contention:

Moment Of Surrender (already confirmed to be on the album by Brian Eno)
One Bird
For Your Love
Mercy
No Line On The Horizon
If I Could Live My Life Again
Love Is All We Have Left
North Star
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
You Can't Give Away Your Heart

Out of all these songs I like the title One Bird. Its sound interesting. Anyone else have any more?

I think One bird is going to be an autobiographical song about hetrosexual monogamy...

(to the melody of "One") " One bird, One wife...when its one need in the night..."

That's probably all the titles. Moment of Surrender is the only one confirmed (by Eno).
That title should be shortened to Moment as we already have a song called Surrender.

Hell, we need a new title altogether as we also have a song called Stuck in a Moment...

That title should be shortened to Moment as we already have a song called Surrender.

Hell, we need a new title altogether as we also have a song called Stuck in a Moment...

If we shorten it to MOS then everything's solved.

Back
Top Bottom