What moments from the album are going to bring down the house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chorus in "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight": Everyone's bond to sing their heart out on that one, even if you don't know the lyrics you'll know by the time the first chorus has ended and you can scream during the end :)

That's the fan moment!

Goosebump moments? Wow, many for me I think...Unknown Caller solo, the start to Magnificent...Breathe for sure.

From the older stuff I was watching the Slane DVD the other day and...I really want red lights for Streets again! The love the middle8 in that song though when Bono bursts into the "oooohoooohooooh" (or lovelovelove sometimes :) ) section. Total goosebump moment!

- "But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight"
- Intro of Magnificent
- First verse of MoS (the crowd will be silent with waving candles and lighters)
- "oh-oh-oh-oh" (from NLOTH)
- Bono's wailing on Being Born

The list goes on...

I think the final chorus to "I'll Go Crazy.." is gonna be a big crowd moment, I can totally see everyone screming "You know we'll go crazy, you know we'll go crazy.." epic :) I love the bit Bono did during letterman at the end, where he approches the audience waves his arm to the lyric.

"I'm a traffic cop" when the guitar kicks in.
UC solo.
Breathe, the whole song.

I thought this when I first heard the intro of 'Magnificent'- Holy crap! If they tease that beat for a minute and then slowly build into the riff it would be epic!!!

In fact- that was the only thing I disliked about Magnificent live so far- the intro was butchered.

Shocked at the number of people who think Fez will get played. I think there is about a 5% chance...that is a studio piece.

If Bono can pull the vocal off in MOS it will bring people to their knees.

I'm pretty sure F-BB will be played. And there is a good chance it will be played in the beginning, or to open the encore. F-BB should have opened the album, the band said so themselves. It will be great live. In fact, I think they should play all the songs from the new album.

hope tey do an extened version of MOS with a massive guitar solo (like they did with Kite on the last tour)...amazing closer or link into streets...

I think MOS could be absolutely brilliant live...and this is the song I'm most curious about now...For all the hype it has received, I can't imagine them not playing it...it's just going to be insane if Bono can pull this off though...can't wait :drool:

Shocked at the number of people who think Fez will get played. I think there is about a 5% chance...that is a studio piece.

If Bono can pull the vocal off in MOS it will bring people to their knees.
I think Fez should open the show, it' a perfect opener

I said this in another tread, but Fez-Being Born would be the ultimate opener. Can you imagine an extended pre-recorded Fez intro over the PA building up to the band crashing in on Being Born and Bono's opening yells in that song. I dare say nothing else on this album would "bring the house down" like that.

Ditto about Being Born. That one was born to be the opener. It would be such a loss if it wasn't.

The thing i'd be concerned about is how they'd get through quarantine.

all of magnificent

check!!! yes!

I cant wait to scream "NO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE" at the top of my lungs :hyper:

me, tooooo! :hyper:

NLOTH, at the end of the twinkly bridge ("every night..."), when the band pauses momentarily, before slamming back into the song ("I'm a traffic cop! Rue du Marais!")

:drool:

"twinkly bridge!" & THE slam! :hyper:

I think the final chorus to "I'll Go Crazy.." is gonna be a big crowd moment, I can totally see everyone screming "You know we'll go crazy, you know we'll go crazy.." epic :)

that's another great part! :hyper:

the whole stadium singing "let me in the sound!" during Boots... :drool::drool:

yeah... but I also love the ... "You don't know how beautiful you are.." chorus...... it's got a great little musical swirling, twist to it vocally and musically!!! :drool:

I think MOS could be absolutely brilliant live...and this is the song I'm most curious about now...For all the hype it has received, I can't imagine them not playing it...it's just going to be insane if Bono can pull this off though...can't wait :drool:

MOS is not my fav b/c i think of the over all melody for me....

BUT the chorus is great, and the sort of Middle Eastern undulation Bono is doing with his voice, as well as the whole dramatic voice of "i tied myself with wire... etc " part. It's some masterful singing he's learned there!
I think it will be pretty amazing live!

Breathe, the whole song.

oh, yeah!
and I think the "fly away" (into the stratosphere) part is after the >
"......nothing that I need".... part where Edge starts soloing , then Bono comes in with the "we are people born of sound....." Stanza....." with edge's guitar burning underneigth the vocals..... aaaaaa! :hyper::drool:

I thought this when I first heard the intro of 'Magnificent'- Holy crap! If they tease that beat for a minute and then slowly build into the riff it would be epic!!!

In fact- that was the only thing I disliked about Magnificent live so far- the intro was butchered.

THIS . (and that's why in the style of one of those amazing remixes would work SO well!!!

And there is a good chance it will be played in the beginning, or to open the encore.

I think Fez should open the show, it' a perfect opener

Fez, maybe, as filler music. Being Born? Hell no.

I said this in another tread, but Fez-Being Born would be the ultimate opener. Can you imagine an extended pre-recorded Fez intro over the PA building up to the band crashing in on Being Born and Bono's opening yells in that song. I dare say nothing else on this album would "bring the house down" like that.

Actually what you just described there would be extra extra anti-climactic. They could go Fez intro -> Breathe, yes, or Fez -> "let me in the sound" -> Get on Your Boots Grammy version, yes

Ditto about Being Born. That one was born to be the opener. It would be such a loss if it wasn't.

I won't lose any sleep over it when it isn't. There are way too many other perfect tour openers.

And MOS as an opener? Are y'all smoking up before the show or something? No way that will happen.

And the 'middle eastern' thing needs to die now. There is nothing middle eastern about Bono's voice in MOS. It's pure unadulterated gospel soul. And then some.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom