What if this album is atyclb 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2opra

War Child
Will you be happy with what is done? Or thankful that U2 just did another album even if it isn't what you anticipated?

Just curious.

Well, it depends on how the album is executed......if it's an album full of Beautiful Days, consider my mind blown, but if it's an album full of Graces, consider me no longer a U2 fan.

To be fair, those beach clips absolutely sound like it, but hopefully those have long been trashed or completely overhauled.

Bono me dice que lo que va a sonar a continuacion es POP PSICODELICO... Nos ponemos en situacion y a soñar!!! Empieza el tema... he de decir que es algo nuevo, diferente a la bomba, suena muy cañero con un poderoso bajo, justo antes del final del tema se aprecia la influencia de aquellas sesiones en Marruecos...tema algo extenso en cuanto a su duracion pero maravilloso (no pregunte el titulo).

If I interpret correctly, the new instrumental song that was played to a Spanish fan yesterday indicates that this is certainly a departure from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb at least.
Heavy bass-guitar, with influences from the Fez sessions in Morocco.

Source: http://www.u2valencia.com/foro/index.php?topic=671.msg8584

Unless U2 want to re-issue an album they brought out in 2000 or they're running out of album names, I don't think their new one will be called like that.

The_Edge89 said:

If I interpret correctly, the new instrumental song that was played to a Spanish fan yesterday indicates that this is certainly a departure from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb at least.
Heavy bass-guitar, with influences from the Fez sessions in Morocco.

Source: http://www.u2valencia.com/foro/index.php?topic=671.msg8584

Translation? Or must I rely on Babelfish?

I can try but my knowledge of the Spanish language is still kind of restricted even though I've studied it for a couple of years now.

Expect an edited post within a couple of minutes.

EDIT:
Don't expect this to be flawless though, Spanish is not my native tounge after all. English isn't either, but here goes:

Now when I'm more relaxed I can tell you a little about what just happened some 30 minutes ago in Hanover Quay.
I got to HQ at about 2 o' clock waiting and I met with at least ten people standing together outside the studio, but I was surprised that Cristo wasn't there. I was rubbing my hands and now I was only waiting for the four of them to return to the studio today.
Not more than five minutes passed when Bono arrived in his little car, my pulse started racing when I was alone outside and Bono went inside.
Would he ask me if I wanted to come inside with him?? The rest of the group arrived one after another except for The Edge. I politely waited far away from the garage for my moment of glory as it is disturbing for them when the fans gathers around the entrance to the garage or the main door. The unforgettable moment came, some 45 minutes after my arrival, Bono opened the door and greeted me. At the same time I came closer to the door and started to talk to him. I congratulated him on his birthday and told him what I was doing in Dublin and that I was going back to Spain in a couple of weeks. (He even remebered me as the bullfigther of Spain, hahaha) and finally he asked me if I had ever seen the studio from the inside. I wanted to die. Of course I said that I hadn't and he invited me. 10 minutes of glory inside he showed me the room where they rehearse and then he took me to the recording area. There we met Steve Lilywhite and a couple of seconds later Lanois made his entrance. Steve asked Bono if he wanted to listen to something and he nodded. I couldn't have imagined this before. Bono told me that what I was going to hear next was PSYCHEDELIC POP... We sat down and ...? The song start, I have to say that it's something new, different from the bomb. I sounded sweet with a powerful bass. Just before the ending came the influences from those sessions in Morocco. The song was long in playtime but beautiful (I didn't ask for it's title). Steve went nuts during the playback and was jumping and dancing in a funny way with Bono. He was also doing a shy dance while listening with attention. (Steve and Bono didn't stop to see my reaction, I was paralyzed, in a coma, dreaming, trying to notice where I was and with whom I had met.)
After half of the song Adam appeared with a coffee in his hand, greeting me as he sat down beside me. When the song had finished, Bono asked me what I had thought of it. Everyone was looking at me as I said "Strong! Fresh! Amazing! I have no words!" They laughed and I thanked them as I said goodbye and went out of the recording area with Bono. He told me that he had to work and that he was in a bit of a hurry. I said goodbye and thanked him for this glorious moment as he went back to the recording area.
Sam accompanied me to the door and I said goodbye to him and went back to the little house.

This was the dream of a U2 fan that came to Dublin a couple of years ago with the hope of improving my English but above all with the dream of being able to meet with the band one day.

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:
I can try but my knowledge of the Spanish language is still kind of restricted even though I've studied it for a couple of years now.

Expect an edited post within a couple of minutes.

EDIT:
Don't expect this to be flawless though, Spanish is not my native tounge after all. English isn't either, but here goes:

Thats much better than what google translated it as. :lol:

Thanks. :hug:

Im off to Dublin in the morning so will let everyone know if i meet/hear anything. :D

Back
Top Bottom