Waves of Sorrow stinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowlock said:

No. You haven't. Check facts before posting accusations.
ok i'll simply just rephrase it, i have seen a fair share of negative posts from yourself

KUEFC09U2 said:
ok i'll simply just rephrase it, i have seen a fair share of negative posts from yourself

I don't care how you rephrase it (and while changing one or two words is technically rephrasing, when you don't change the intent of the message, why bother to say you have?). You need to unphrase it because it's not true. Every time someone complains about a release, I'm for it. Every time someone bashes 00's U2, I'm defending them. My least favorite albums of there's are Pop and Zooropa and I've said numerous times that I'd still take those albums over 95% of everything else that's out there.

Or even better yet, stay on topic in the first place.

Snowlock said:
I know about as much about this songs origins as any of the other fans around here do and the OP's right, it sucks. The music sucks. The lyrics suck. The subject matter sucks. And Bono's voice sounds thin and old. And as a loyal U2 booster, that's difficult for me to say, but...

:shrug:

ok, where do i start? hmm...

This post defines true ignorance....how presumptuous of you to say those things "suck"...they don't "suck"...you just don't like the song, GET OVER IT..you don't have to start telling everyone it sucks. The truth of the matter is, and I've said this before...The song that you think "sucks" is another U2 fan's favorite song, or one of them...and by saying all that "sucks" just makes your opinion even more worthless and empty, and less respectable...Try voicing your opinion in a somewhat mature and logical manner, rather than just spewing nonsense that few here want to look at :rolleyes:

on a side note, I'd just like to say that judging from the amazing acoustic gig put on by Bono and Edge, i think the new album is GOING TO ROCK :rockon: - Bono's voice is ridiculous, and everything is good in U2 town, so calm down with the negativity please, or the alarm might sound :(

Re: Re: Re: Waves of Sorrow stinks

U2isthebest said:

Why have that when you can have....

Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Thang
(Now You)

I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch Ass
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]

I'm Bouncin On My Toe
Watch Me Super Soak Dat Hoe
I'ma Pass It To Arab
Then He Gon Pass It To The Low (Low)
Haterz Wanna Be Me
Soulja Boy, I'm The Man
They Be Lookin At My Neck
Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)
Damn (Damn)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That Shit Was Ugly

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 3]
I'm to clean off in this hoe
Watch Me Crack And Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank That Rossevelt
Then Supasoak that hoe
Supasoak that hoe (Supasoak that hoe)
I'm To Fresh Up In This Bitch
Watch Me Shuffle Watch Me Jit
Watch Me Crack Ma Shoulda Work
Then Supaman That Bitch (YUUAA)
Then Supaman That Bitch (Then Supaman That Bitch)
Then Supaman That Bitch (Then Supaman That Bitch)
A YUUUAAA

[Chorus x2]

^^Why can't Bono write songs like that anymore?:(

It's a stereotype, but lyrics like these are usually written by guys with mullets....

Rob33 said:

ok, where do i start? hmm...

This post defines true ignorance....how presumptuous of you to say those things "suck"...they don't "suck"...you just don't like the song, GET OVER IT..you don't have to start telling everyone it sucks. The truth of the matter is, and I've said this before...The song that you think "sucks" is another U2 fan's favorite song, or one of them...and by saying all that "sucks" just makes your opinion even more worthless and empty, and less respectable...Try voicing your opinion in a somewhat mature and logical manner, rather than just spewing nonsense that few here want to look at :rolleyes:

on a side note, I'd just like to say that judging from the amazing acoustic gig put on by Bono and Edge, i think the new album is GOING TO ROCK :rockon: - Bono's voice is ridiculous, and everything is good in U2 town, so calm down with the negativity please, or the alarm might sound :(

Man is there something in the air today? Yes IT SUCKS. I THINK IT SUCKS. Get over it. It's not ignorant, it's not overly negative, and I didn't say it to personally offend anyone (and to anyone that is personally offended, seek help.) I don't like the fucking song. And I and anyone else can state that opinion and don't need to be trolled by you or anyone else for saying it.

People who believe there is only one way to look at art are truely ignorant.

Last edited:
No Snowlock, the point of a discussion forum is to 100% agree with each others only positive affirmations of love for all things equally. If you don't think any U2 song or album is all that good than you are not a fan. :sad:

Now Rob33, if I do a search through all of your posts, I'm sure I'll never find a negative comment about any U2 song or album, nor negative reaction to anyone else's positive opinions of any certain U2 songs or albums, right?

Rob33 said:

Uh, does he really need to post "in my opinion" before them for you to understand he means he thinks it sucks?

Talk about an overreaction.

phillyfan26 said:

Uh, does he really need to post "in my opinion" before them for you to understand he means he thinks it sucks?

Talk about an overreaction.

I think the reaction is less about him saying the song sucks and more about the other comment in his original post.

"But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt."

That line goes a lot farther than stating his opinion of the song. He is basically stating that everybody who doesn't think that it sucks is in denial. That is not simple stating his own opinion of the song but trying to extrapolate that opinion out to everyone else as well. If he thinks it sucks then fine, but don't tell me I'm in denial because I happen to like it.

Dana

rihannsu said:

I think the reaction is less about him saying the song sucks and more about the other comment in his original post.

"But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt."

That line goes a lot farther than stating his opinion of the song. He is basically stating that everybody who doesn't think that it sucks is in denial. That is not simple stating his own opinion of the song but trying to extrapolate that opinion out to everyone else as well. If he thinks it sucks then fine, but don't tell me I'm in denial because I happen to like it.

Dana

:huh:

He wasn't addressing the poster who made the denial comment, so I don't know what you're talking about.

rihannsu said:

Dana

You're crossing posts and posters.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
But what about Edge and Adam?

Well anyone with ears can tell that Edge was either neutered on Atomic Bomb, or simply dialed it in. Either way, it's strong evidence that he'll play a large part in the militant coup Adam is surely planning for a band takeover.

Well on a serious note, I think Edge was probably the most confused on this album. It sounds like he didn't quite know where he wanted to go. I don't think he dialed it in, he just sounds like he was torn between the old and new and so he decided just to meld it all together and create a muddy sound.

Depends on the song, but I do agree it's in part that. I do think mostly it's an outstanding display of technical ability, but really not much of a creative achievement for him. I think in part it might be because of their writing/recording style on this one. The cut and paste, work and rework style they've taken on isn't exactly the place where Edge-inspiration driven guitar songs are going to come from. Perhaps the odd dynamite riff (Vertigo), but not a song that sounds or feels like it's just launching off the back of him alone (eg something like Mysterious Ways). I'd say there's a lot more time spent piecing together different tunes built on pianos than there is time running with flashes of creative brilliance. My bet is under Bono's "write a chorus, make it a verse, write another chorus" regime, what you mostly get from the Edge are tunes early on, and then the glue that pieces them together at the end.

rihannsu said:

Dana

I totally agree. This is really annoying. Like an attempt to bully people out of their own opinion. I accept and respect that everyone has their own opinion about songs and albums and so on, but expressing it this way is just extremely patronizing. And I also don't think we need a new thread just because someone does not like a particular song. With Wave of Sorrow we had so many threads recently, it's enough to place this in one of those, instead of opening a new one, it's all about getting attention.

Can we please stop the bickering and just get back to discussing the song...and our OPINIONS about the song? Which may vary from person to person?

A thank ya.

Earnie Shavers said:
Sorry, I'm not explaining that very well, but I guess you know what I mean.

No, I understand. I actually think there are some nuggets of creative achievement in there but they either got polished too hard so they lost their edge or they just got covered up by the clutter, but agree with you for the most part.

wolfwill23 said:
I don't know if this is a work in progress or considered a finished song. But...it stinks. If this is the new direction they're going, I'm scared.

Enough with music about Africa. PLEASE! And enough on the nose lyrics. Bono is best when he's singing in metaphors. (So Cruel is a GREAT example of near perfect, metaphor-type, picture painting lyrics.)

So go ahead and start your bashing. But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.

Bash away.

Peace.

The song is OK, it's interesting and all... but...
I think the only problem is, there's too much Bono in this song, he is there from start to the end, all the time, no break, not even a short pause so we could actualy listen to the rest of the band wich BTW IMO is much more interesting than what Bono is doing...
A JT Bono wouldn't do this song like that.
--------------

<- 1000 posts :)

wolfwill23 said:
I don't know if this is a work in progress or considered a finished song. But...it stinks. If this is the new direction they're going, I'm scared.

Enough with music about Africa. PLEASE! And enough on the nose lyrics. Bono is best when he's singing in metaphors. (So Cruel is a GREAT example of near perfect, metaphor-type, picture painting lyrics.)

So go ahead and start your bashing. But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.

Bash away.

Peace.
King Salomon might have told you: "Silence Is Golden" - just think about doing so, when tending to be that "positive" again in the future ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom