wait 4 it! Bono says new song is their best ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Bono Just said live on Radio 1 that they will be dropping a song off to them very soon and it is probably U2's best ever!

Have we not heard that before!

Can anyone confirm this?

The real question is, how soon is "very soon?" A few hours? A few days?

Last edited:
All I want is for it to indicate a better album than HTDAAB. I want to see what Rubin can do with the boys.

this was said live on Radio 1 who were live at the Q awards where U2 won best act of the last 20 years! Edith Bowman Interviwed him and he said it will be with Radio 1 very soon and its probably our best ever track.

get ready for all the bashing when it turns out that people have different taste than Bono and they don't agree with his statement....

Can't wait to hear a new U2 song. I really don't care if it's the best ever.

andyuk said:
Bono Just said live on Radio 1 that they will be dropping a song off to them very soon and it is probably U2's best ever!

Have we not heard that before!

When did he last say this about a U2 song?

What artist doesn't say that about their work? What would be the point of writing a song if you think your best work's behind you?

:huh:

My thougths goes to a totaly reworked version of Mercy, with different lyrics. Bono talked well about Mercy before HTDAAB was released.

"this is the greatest greatest hits album we've ever released" -bono

BEAL said:
get ready for all the bashing when it turns out that people have different taste than Bono and they don't agree with his statement....

:yes:

:corn: Wait for the comments in U218 cover thread for the tracklist too.

I think he said on Elevation that Stay "might be the best tune we ever wrote".

I've had the pleasure of hearing the new track. It's like Top Five material, but not their best.

BigMacPhisto said:
I've had the pleasure of hearing the new track. It's like Top Five material, but not their best.

Yeah... The Refugee, Red Light, Peace on Earth and Grace are better. The rest of the catalogue sucks compared to the new song.

Back
Top Bottom