vocals on White as snow, Cedars and SUC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good singers don't need effects. A producer said that Sting and Bonnie Riatt are two examples of singers who sound the same in real life as they do on their albums, because their voices are that great. That's the sign of s real good singer. A music critic said he always thought that Sting must be using overdubs on his voice in the studio because he's voice sounds so full on. However when he saw him live up close he realized that this pressumption is false. He's voice is powerful so he doesn't need it to be doubled. Danny said the same thing on the JT documentary. I always reckon that Sting and Bono have a similar type of voice, as does Bowie and Jon Bon Jovi.

Plus a lot of reverb can make someone's voice sound strong in different registers. Effects made Kanye West sing as good as Michael Ball and it turned Paris Hilton into Julie Andrews for her album (joke).

Good singers don't need effects. A producer said that Sting and Bonnie Riatt are two examples of singers who sound the same in real life as they do on their albums, because their voices are that great. That's the sign of s real good singer. A music critic said he always thought that Sting must be using overdubs on his voice in the studio because he's voice sounds so full on. However when he saw him live up close he realized that this pressumption is false. He's voice is powerful so he doesn't need it to be doubled. Danny said the same thing on the JT documentary. I always reckon that Sting and Bono have a similar type of voice, as does Bowie and Jon Bon Jovi.

Plus a lot of reverb can make someone's voice sound strong in different registers. Effects made Kanye West sing as good as Michael Ball and it turned Paris Hilton into Julie Andrews for her album (joke).

That's ok, if you have the truth, why do you ask? I could also talk about another producer, another critic and some million of unidentified singers whose opinion is contrary to those you "cite" above, but, you know what? I give up too.

Good singers don't need effects. A producer said that Sting and Bonnie Riatt are two examples of singers who sound the same in real life as they do on their albums, because their voices are that great.

Reverb doesn't do this for you, sorry to tell you.

Are you saying that Sting doesn't use effects? Think again. I don't know about Bonnie Riatt (Raitt?) as I've never seen her live. Have you personally seen Sting live? Have you personally seen ANY singer live and seen what the guys at the soundboard dial up for them?? Bono has one of the better live voices in show biz, that's a widely held opinion amongst critics. Sting does also. The differences in type and amount of effects these two guys use doesn't make one or other better than one or the other. :huh:

It was a joke. Didn't you see the bracketed word at the end of my sentence.

So what exactly was the joke? The last sentence? The last two sentences? The entire post? You know, the best thing to do with subjects you clearly have no personal education or experience in, is leave them alone, honestly!!

As for Sting being better than Bono, didn't you just in another thread say you don't like Bono's 'screeching'? That's a trademark of Sting's, practically! (and btw, I love Sting/The Police)

Back
Top Bottom