Video from Fez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh this is so exciting. i know that its not much, but doesn't it just make you happy to know that they were lying about making good (or at least with that sound quality, decent) music. i can't wait. and what a long wait that will be. to me, what we heard was a bit of late beatles-esque mixed with a tad bit of achtung. hopefully more than a little bit of achtung! oh i'm happy now. :heart:

Just watched it, loved it. I like all of it, especially the very slow part towards the end. Sadly the sound quality isn't good enough to make out more.

The proper version is available on U2.com for members btw...

Ok I realize this is recording material and may not end up anything like the finished product but the following 3 "songs" interested me:

@ 1:42 - there is this ambient floating track with no vocals which sounds nice (not sure if this is actually U2 or maybe Lanois on his own)

@ 2:20 - the jam session in the courtyard, I dig the heavy guitar riff...

@ 4:00 - It appears Bono, Edge, Lanios and Eno I think singing a chorus together which sounds pretty sweet.

All in all, I'm pretty excited by this.

how can we not be excited? all good, interesting stuff.

i maintain that the re-worked (and heart-stopping) "kite" from the Australian shows is the way forward for them.

What is that, a youtube rip from a previous youtube clip re-posted to youtube. Bizarre.

elevated_u2_fan said:
ot sure if this is actually U2 or maybe Lanois on his own)

fuckin BADASS

that riff is ragin' :rockon: and the stuff inbetween it sounds great too, fantastic drums. I really, really hope that song turns out as awesome as it sounds now

This is fantastic! Their sound hasnt been so intressting since AB/Zooropa. I realy hope that they are brave and contunie like this and not just ends up like on the last two albums.

If the new album will sound like this, it will be a new masterpeice! And I mean that! :)

The songs that starts about 2:40 sound like a mix of of LPOE and DM's Personal Jesus.

Last edited:
OMG AND I LOVE THE CHORUS B, EDGE, LANOIS, and ENO DID !
IM SO STOKED!
GET THE ALBUM OUT ASAP BOYS!

thanks U2girl for posting this!

This is awesome!!
:combust:

Lanois is a great musician and this seems like a great film overall, but of course it's the U2 bit that excites me most...

I'm surprised how reminiscent this is af AB, that little shimmering tower in the crazy mirror after Edge's first appearance looks just like the Mysterious Ways video...

Anyone else catch the fact that Larry's using a gong?? That's great on several levels. ;-)

[time sigs from the upper bar- the one that part of the original video- not the player the video's embedded in...it skips forward and is illegible at some points]

The hard riff around 3:00 reminds me a bit of Acrobat, but seems like it's own song...

Anyone else feel like Bono from 3:48 to 3:55 is channeling Jim Morrison?

The very next clip with the four guys (?Bono, Edge, DL, BE?) at the microphone sounds incredible- there's not enough to tell, but the spirit and mood of it make me wonder if we're hearing the next "One"?

Last edited:
^ just found this thread :hyper:

elevated_u2_fan said:
The proper version is available on U2.com for members btw...

Ok I realize this is recording material and may not end up anything like the finished product but the following 3 "songs" interested me:

@ 1:42 - there is this ambient floating track with no vocals which sounds nice (not sure if this is actually U2 or maybe Lanois on his own)

@ 4:00 - It appears Bono, Edge, Lanios and Eno I think singing a chorus together which sounds pretty sweet.

All in all, I'm pretty excited by this.

:drool:

Man, I am digging this so much :drool:

Out of last year's beach clips, the only song I really, really, really liked was 402, but I really really like all of the songs featured in the Fez clips. They really do seem to be trying something fresh and different here. I just wish I could hear it well enough to make some sense of the lyrics, but there'll be plenty of time for that. I love the heaviness of the first track, the handclaps in the second, and the harmonizing in the third. This is going to be good :hyper:

I was reading the interview with Daniel Lanois on U2.com and I really liked Lanois' answer to the last question.

"Although I worked on All That You Can’t Leave Behind for some reason Achtung Baby feels like the last time we were really concentrated like this. That was an incredible journey of discovery, we were hungry for something fresh and we stopped at nothing. There were problems but we wanted something special and we found it. When you think about it, what records does anyone go home and listen to once you get past the commerciality, once you get past what the radio plays ? I want this next U2 record to be one that I’m excited to go home and listen to."

This is what I have been looking forward to hearing, something new, fresh, innovative and exciting. The last 2 albums were quite bland, if you take each record as a whole and from some of the music I heard from the Fex clip, it all sounds promising.

Yes, yes, yes.

Now let's hope that they don't take TOO long on it and suffocate the great spontaneous energy. Or get cold feet!

Someone mentioned it already, but the clip on the members page on u2.com is much better in sound quality... sounds awesome, and i wholeheartedly agree, it sounds fresh and alive!

dr. zooeuss said:
can't believe more people aren't posting in this thread. maybe no one's reading this setion??

Because its not called " OMFG NEW U2 SONGSZZ!11!"

It really should be called that because these songs deserve a fuss.

Yeah if anybody can make an mp3 even of the clip from u2.com would be great.

From the bits and pieces of the tracks weve heard in the low sound quality they are recorded at it sounds promising....a long way from finished but promising :)

I wonder if these are the same songs that was played out loud in Eze this summer (that someone recorded and didn't release to the rest of us yet!)

Can someone who was there and might be reading this thread shed some light on the situation?
Will we hear these songs in the rumoured 2007 Beach clips or were they different from the Lanois material?

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom