U2's five star masterpiece (Rolling Stone)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Received the new RS in the mail today. Their review was excellent. Anyone else get it?

There's probably a thread about it.

Oh well.

reviews don't matter to me, It only matters what each of us individually thinks of it in the context of our own tastes in music

plus RS sucks

No pic of the article that I could see. Current issue
: Rolling Stone

26163337.jpg

5 stars will definitely help though -- will get press for years to come because of that.

I'd say it's an ideal critics record. Something with greater depth than U2 has done in many, many years. Critics love that.

This record will last.

This thread title is gonna make a lot of people think the review is up, or that it's been transcribed, considering we've known about this since last night.

I strongly agree about this being a Critic's Record. It is not their most accessible release, possibly the most abstract since UF and Zooropa. The kind of thing critics love.

My scanner is broke.

And I just had to show you guys that AWESOME DRAWING OF THE EDGE....... (see digi cam pics on 1st page)

Thanks for the scans.

And how could someone draw the Edge that badly? it's the fucking EYES! The fucking Mii I made looks better than that.

Thanks for scanning, fantastic review :up:

True that we wouldn't expect a very critical U2 review in RS, but still they didn't have to give them 5 stars. That's pretty awesome.

But man that drawing :yikes:

24 hours ago, I would be extremely excited to have read that review.

Now, I'm just damn excited I have the album itself.

Can someone say album of the year next year the Grammys and if it doesn't win it, it will be a travesty!!! 5 stars, this album just put U2 in a category all their own!

I was really hoping David Fricke would be the one to review this album. Fricke has been around a long time, and I very much respect his opinion. Not to mention he's a really good writer.

Back
Top Bottom