U2's five star masterpiece (Rolling Stone)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And how could someone draw the Edge that badly? it's the fucking EYES! The fucking Mii I made looks better than that.

:lol:

thanks for the scans indeed. 5 star review ftw. for me it's not their best album since Achtung Baby because my favourite album is Pop, BUT. I want this to get as many positive reviews as possible. It really is a great album :up:

The only other U2 album to get five stars from RS is the Joshua Tree remaster.

Thanks for the scans.

And how could someone draw the Edge that badly? it's the fucking EYES! The fucking Mii I made looks better than that.

I made an Edge Mii too! I think I even put it up for download. :applaud: He was pretty easy to make.

I really like this review.

And the more I listen to this album, the more I think of UF and the more I like it. It is a grower, like UF. And that's good. I find if I like something immediately, it fades quickly. I think I'll be discovering this album for a while.

And the more I listen to this album, the more I think of UF and the more I like it. It is a grower, like UF. And that's good. I find if I like something immediately, it fades quickly. I think I'll be discovering this album for a while.

I'm the same way. Most of the albums that I thought were fantastic on first listen really didn't seem that great later on. The really good ones take a few listens to appreciate. I'm glad to hear that NLOTH is that way. :up:

Wow, Rolling Stone gave U2 a good review, I'm surprised.

Isn't this the same mag that rates every Dylan and Yoko Ono album a "masterpiece" as well?

Who cares what those guys think. In this case, they're just confirming what we already know.

nlothrs1.jpg

"It took me three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip."

^Marco Ventura...oh please, I really don't like his illustrations...

I think a 5/5 may be a bit of a stretch...it's not perfect

:reject:

Don't kill me, I still like it

^Marco Ventura...oh please, I really don't like his illustrations...

I think a 5/5 may be a bit of a stretch...it's not perfect

:reject:

Don't kill me, I still like it

But then there is NO perfection. And more than that, this sort of ranking is very subjective as I'm sure there'll be a 2 out 5 review sometime along the line. Those discrepancies suck, but that's life. Anyway, although RS is no longer THE rock magazine it still matters in the music bizz. So now we have a RS five-star review. It's cool!

Thanks a ton for scanning and posting this, David.

It's finally starting to sink in, as I read this review: this album, and all its splendor, is going to push U2 even higher into the rock-gods-stratosphere. Now, the old debate about the best rock band of all time (Beatles? Stones? Zeppelin?) probably *has* to include U2, even for non-U2 maniacs like us.

Wow. I can't believe they finally got the five star review. I know RS isn't always right, but when it comes to an industry standard on reviews, they have the crown. Nobody really cares what other magazines think, on a whole. And is this the first major US review? What a pace-setter.

No pressure for the next album . . .

Too easy....let's see if they can top a 7.5 in next week's Pitchfork. :applaud:

This is probably their second best album after Joshua Tree, and it's by far their least accessible album for the mainstream, but I don't give a crap. I don't want people to appreciate it, I revel in the fact I have something other people don't. :D

Back
Top Bottom