* U218 Videos - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #16
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thelaj
I quite the like packaging for it, I just wish it matched the deluxe version of the other releases! Anyhow, it saves space at least

Am I the only one who likes that Vertigo [Lisbon Version] ?
lol I love the attitude larry has in it! and his nice FOAD moment! Anybody know why he did that?

I was kinda dissapointed that it had A story of One, and the Making of Vertigo, since the first one is on a previous best of cd, and the other one is available even on their website! and they don't even HAVE the Electrical storm video on the site! I agree they should've picked better things for the extras... but besides that I like the dvd

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 09:05 PM
would have been nice to see the making of Saints. since they seemed to have documented the whole thing. Also should have included Alternate take of WOWY

fna692002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 05:05 AM
I agree with all the points raised by the person who started this thread. BUt being a U2 geek and completist, I still go the U218 videos anyway even if the only benefit I got was the Walk On and the 1980s videos.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #19
War Child

I like the London version of Walk on and the 80's videos. Those videos weren't available on official dvd. The rest from 18videos is taken from other dvdreleases (dvdsingle also).

But it could have been such a nice release with a lot of extras...

I will follow, Gloria, A celebration, Two hearts beat as one, The unforgettable fire, Bad, A sort of homecoming, In Gods country, Red hill mining town (finally), Spanish eyes, Desire (hollywood remix), Angel of Harlem, When love comes to town (two versions), All I want is you and Night and day.

'The making of the other one' is totally the same as on the best of 90-00. Why not the making of Elevation, a fine docu from MTV, or the making of Sweetest thing?

I wonder when these vids and docu's make their way to dvd....
wolbersu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by wolbersu2
I like the London version of Walk on and the 80's videos. Those videos weren't available on official dvd. The rest from 18videos is taken from other dvdreleases (dvdsingle also).

But it could have been such a nice release with a lot of extras...

I will follow, Gloria, A celebration, Two hearts beat as one, The unforgettable fire, Bad, A sort of homecoming, In Gods country, Red hill mining town (finally), Spanish eyes, Desire (hollywood remix), Angel of Harlem, When love comes to town (two versions), All I want is you and Night and day.

'The making of the other one' is totally the same as on the best of 90-00. Why not the making of Elevation, a fine docu from MTV, or the making of Sweetest thing?

I wonder when these vids and docu's make their way to dvd....
FYI, if you're looking for a DVD release of Night & Day, you can get it. it's on the Red Hot + Blue DVD. it's available on Amazon, usually cheap.
Snowlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock

FYI, if you're looking for a DVD release of Night & Day, you can get it. it's on the Red Hot + Blue DVD. it's available on Amazon, usually cheap.
Thanks , I will order it.
wolbersu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #22
45:33

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Does anyone know the official name of the Vertigo Lisbon version? Is it a remix of Vertigo? Jacknife Lee?

Why are people so pissed that we got nothing for WITS? There was nothing to release!

And does anyone know why (esp. on Vertigo and Walk On) there is guitar missing in some parts? The intro? On I think it's the HQ version of Vertigo I don't hear Edge properly until the outro. Or do I not have the audio cord plugged in all the way?
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #23
Refugee

The name on the DVD is "Vertigo (Lisbon Version)", but I believe the audio is the Jacknife Lee (7 inch?) Mix.

People are pissed about WITS because they clearly knew there would be a video, yet released a DVD of aforementioned singles without it.
thelaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04

Why are people so pissed that we got nothing for WITS? There was nothing to release!

Exactly. Or would people prefer something quickly put together for the sake of having something a la Hands that built America video?
U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

Exactly. Or would people prefer something quickly put together for the sake of having something a la Hands that built America video?
No, but people might prefer:
a) U2 planning and making the video for WITS in time for the DVD.

b) U2 delaying the release of the DVD until all the material for it was ready.

Here is your new car sir, but please note you must buy the steering wheel seperately in 2 months! As compensation, we have fitted an extra wheel & two gearshifts.
thelaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

That may be what people prefer, but it didn't happen.
U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:05 PM
NO WITS?

Booooo.
coemgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 AM   #28
45:33

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thelaj
The name on the DVD is "Vertigo (Lisbon Version)", but I believe the audio is the Jacknife Lee (7 inch?) Mix.

Cool thanks.

And thelaj, I can understand the delay theory, in fact I was expecting that myself, but the planning doco I don't think would have worked because the whole filming process only took place after the 18th.

cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote