U218 on Sale in US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The cheaper one is also NTSC though, so I guess what I'm wondering is if there is any real difference between the import and the other. Does the import have anything extra that anybody knows of? Thanks though :)

Best Buy has the Deluxe in store today for $13.99. They forgot to program that in the computer at my store though, when I took it to the cashier it rang up at 27.99 (which is what is on the sticker) but I pointed the cashier to the display where it said $13.99 and they fixed the mistake. Single disc is $9.99. Didn't see the videos DVD at all there...

Danny Boy said:

1. Single CD
2. Deluxe CD w/ Vertigo Milan Bonus DVD
3. Promo Videos DVD
4. UK/Japan Single CD with bonus track "I Will Follow"
5. iTunes version with Milan audio + bonus track "Smile"
6. Italian download version from deejay.it (Only place to get the audio from OOTS Live in Milan)
7. "Cheap" Polish version with jewel case insert instead of booklet (Is this for real?)

I think that's about it. :|

And what the hell is this??

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...2/601-1729824-3751324?ie=UTF8&asin=B000JJSRUC

Pop Artist said:
Best Buy has the Deluxe in store today for $13.99. They forgot to program that in the computer at my store though, when I took it to the cashier it rang up at 27.99 (which is what is on the sticker) but I pointed the cashier to the display where it said $13.99 and they fixed the mistake. Single disc is $9.99. Didn't see the videos DVD at all there...

I just came back from the Best Buy here (Toledo). They had the 18 Videos DVD for $13.99, and the deluxe package for $27.99, with no markdown advertised anywhere. I wonder if I simply missed the promotion.

cdisantis83 said:

I just came back from the Best Buy here (Toledo). They had the 18 Videos DVD for $13.99, and the deluxe package for $27.99, with no markdown advertised anywhere. I wonder if I simply missed the promotion.

Hmm...I wonder if the Best Buy I went to made a mistake then, and confused the Deluxe for the DVD, especially since they had no DVDs out. Worked in my favor though!

cdisantis83 said:

I don't think so...that's how I see it advertised online. Pop Artist's Best Buy must have flubbed. I didn't realize that the 18 Videos DVD didn't come in the deluxe package. I was feeling guilty about spending the money for the deluxe, and now I'm gonna spend money on the DVD too, when I should be spending that on Christmas gifts. :reject: I'm heading out to Best Buy on my lunch hour. Thought about just asking for them for Christmas...but I don't want anybody to flub and just get me the regular edition. That happened last year with the Vertigo DVD. We were able to return it and get the other one, but he felt bad for getting me the wrong one, and I felt bad that he felt bad. So...I'm just doing my part to make sure nobody feels badly on Christmas morning. :wink:

Pop Artist said:

So did you actually get it for $13.99?

Danny Boy said:
Looks like not every Best Buy has the same prices.

I got the Deluxe for $22.99 and the Videos for $13.99.

Lucky!

I got the Deluxe for $27.99, and the Videos for $13.99...$44.50, with tax. I felt so guilty...I should have been buying Christmas presents with that money! :reject:

I'm actually even more excited about this stuff than I thought I'd be though. I can't wait to listen to WITS for the first time. :hyper: And the only time I heard "Saints" was when I watched part of the video online with the volume barely on at all...so giving that a proper listen at last will be a treat. :love:

Anyone know of any sales on the deluxe happening on black friday? I can't decide if I should buy it today or wait.

Pop Artist said:

The same thing happened with me when I went up to the cashier at Best Buy. I figured it was cheaper than list price, but $13.99 for a CD and DVD really is a good deal! Not to mention that lovely book with :drool:-worthy photos of the guys...!

mads said:
Anyone know of any sales on the deluxe happening on black friday? I can't decide if I should buy it today or wait.

I haven't heard of any...but I personally would find it worthwhile to pay the extra now and not have to deal with crowds on Friday. :crack: :laugh:

Unfortunately, none of the major retailers have any Black Friday specials on the deluxe version. Only Circuit City has the CD version for $6.99, as previously mentioned.

Bonochick said:

I haven't heard of any...but I personally would find it worthwhile to pay the extra now and not have to deal with crowds on Friday. :crack: :laugh:
Unfortunately I work at the mall and I'll be there anyway. Realllllly looking forward to work on Friday. :|

thanks maji for the info. I guess I'll just get it today then.

Is the deluxe version of the CD available in Canada yet can anybody confirm?

Back
Top Bottom