U218 Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatejU2

War Child
u2ya9.jpg

source - U2Slovenija

To save peoples eyesight, here's the CD and DVD list:

Beautiful Day
ISHFWILF
Pride
WOWY
Vertigo
NYD
M Ways
Stuck
Streets
Sweetest Thing
Sunday
One
Desire
Walk On
Elevation
Sometimes
Saints(w/ Green Day)
Window

Vertigo
Follow
Elevation
ISHFWILF
All I Want Is You
COBL
Sometimes
Sarajevo
OOTS
WOWY

:sigh: the rumoured DVD setlist sounded much more promising (where's Electric Co.? Where's Zoo Station? At least we'll get Miss Sarajevo and OOTS)

I too am dissapointed by the DVD tracklisting. I think it says that it's only a stereo DVD just to make it that much more annoying.

The only good think I can say about the cd tracklisting is that there is 6 songs that are not on the 80-90-00 sets.

I'm surprised by Sweetest Thing, as I thought it would remain exclusive to the 80-90 set.

I find it odd that there is 4 songs from ATYCLB and only 2 from HTDAAB(plus OOTS on the DVD)

u2fp

I wonder how many more variations of the title we will here.

Window on the Skies?
Windows in the Skies?
Window of the Sky?
Win Dough in the Sky?
Wind, Oh in the sky?

:wink:

Just to add some more whining :wink: - don't you think the flow of the CD is pretty bad? The beginning is done well with BD, ISHFWILF and Pride, but then comes WOWY followed by Vertigo? Stuck ---> Streets? Walk On ---> Elevation ---> Sometimes? Blah, something's not right. And as it was predicted- no Zooropa nor Pop songs.

If this is true, the DVD tracklist is a big disappointment.
Looks like we won't see Zoo Station, The Fly and The Electric Co., easily the best songs to choose from Milan.

I won't comment on the CD tracklist. Only that the track order seems really weird.

Is this legit for sure? Somehow it looks really fake to me.

Eh, the songs are so good that you won't even notice or care. I hear two seconds of the next track and I get all jazzed up. :wink:

As far as well known U2 songs go, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I'd have replaced "Sometimes" with "I Will Follow" particularly because the former wasn't much of a hit here in the US, but that's only a minor nitpick.

actually im sure Elevation is more well known than the Fly, even though it's half the song the Fly is

Niceman said:
Yeah, because Elevation is WAAAAAAY more important to U2 history and WAAAAAY more popular and WAAAAAY more well known than the Fly.... (SARCASM)

Well elevation is much more well known and liked by the general public here in the UK! you can tell this because they still regually play it on Radio 1 so it must be a big tune!

andyuk said:

Well elevation is much more well known and liked by the general public here in the UK! you can tell this because they still regually play it on Radio 1 so it must be a big tune!

In America, I'd say that it is as unknown as a U2 single could be...

Niceman said:

In America, I'd say that it is as unknown as a U2 single could be...

Ok but here in UK elevation is a big tune which is regually played on the radio

fly and discotheque were both No 1 here in UK but neither of them have stayed popular with the general public unlike songs like one, mysterious ways, elevation and none of these were no 1's!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

People its a U2 Singles Disc not the best of u2, not the essential u2, not the most briliant songs by u2, its a SINGLES DISC, I'm not to crazy about the songs either but did you really expected anything else? actually I'm just surprised that Discoteque isn't in there since it went straight to #1 in most countries but we all expected for Zooropa and Pop to be ignored like always

Back
Top Bottom