U2 video: Recording in Cadiz, Spain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's what it says.

As has been expected, the filming group for the shoot of U2's new video clip went last night to the city of Cadiz, after previously recording in Tarifa and Bolonia.

At 10:30 PM yesterday, the filming group formed by 20 people was arriving at the Cathedral of Cadiz to film as of 1AM, taking advantage ot the scarcity of traffic.

The sequence of shooting consisted of a man walking through various districts of the city (the Market, the Square of the Cathedral, Candelaria, Campo del Sur, and Zone of Baluarte de San Roque and some streets in the city center.)

The protaganist of the videoclip is an adventurer who arrives by motorcycle from Paris and stops in Cadiz, although his final destination is Tarifa.

As previous commented, U2 were not present for the shooting.

Here's what it says.

As has been expected, the filming group for the shoot of U2's new video clip went last night to the city of Cadiz, after previously recording in Tarifa and Bolonia.

At 10:30 PM yesterday, the filming group formed by 20 people was arriving at the Cathedral of Cadiz to film as of 1AM, taking advantage ot the scarcity of traffic.

The sequence of shooting consisted of a man walking through various districts of the city (the Market, the Square of the Cathedral, Candelaria, Campo del Sur, and Zone of Baluarte de San Roque and some streets in the city center.)

The protaganist of the videoclip is an adventurer who arrives by motorcycle from Paris and stops in Cadiz, although his final destination is Tarifa.

As previous commented, U2 were not present for the shooting.

Sounds very fascinating. :drool: :up: Thanks.

i visited a couple of spanish sites....no words about a possible trip to Cadiz to write a report! We'll get news from u2.com or spanish newspapers tomorrow. :doh:

I know someone who lives in Cadiz and she went to the places where the shooting was announced, but she couldn't see anything... I think it all begun a bit later... :shrug:

Indiana Jones and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, with soundtrack provided by U2. :rockon:

sounds cool
i guess (especially since it's the lead single) that footage of the band will be added

but you never know

although his final destination is Tarifa.

Well, Tarifa lies directly opposite Morocco. We don't know if they will shoot there as well. I wonder how much Morocco / Africa we will find on the new album - lyrics or music wise.

i guess we wont know what song it was shot for since there would be no need for someone to act to backing tracks of the music and what-not.

i guess we wont know what song it was shot for since there would be no need for someone to act to backing tracks of the music and what-not.

I was thinking that too. Wondering how the band will fit in, im sure Pauly McG wouldn't let them do something so anti-publicity as not appearing in their own film-clip for the first single of their first album in 4 years. Hopefully not just them playing as a band though....

^

:yikes: that was awful. I kept hoping he would get hurt, but it never came. That made me feel very uncomfortable and angry. I hope I never see that video again.

:wink:

The alien was the best part. I want my 3 minutes & 31 seconds back. That was painful & hilarious at the same time. :der:

U2 are filming there parts in a green-screen studio in London. They will be digitally added in to the final video before it is released.

I believe THIS was the inspiration.

Oh. My. God. That constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. Posts like that should carry a Hoff warning. I want my 3:31 minutes back. Sad thing is that I used to love that song when it first came out and I used to watch Knight Rider when it was on originally but The Hoff has just gotten weirder and weirder. And people think Bono does stupid shit?

Dana

Back
Top Bottom