U2 to play secret street gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrball

Refugee
Music - News - U2 to play secret street gig - Digital Spy

WENN
U2 will reportedly play a secret street gig in central London on Friday night.

The Irish rock band, whose upcoming album No Line On The Horizon leaked last week, are said to be planning an "unusual outdoor performance".

The gig will take place at Upper Regent Street near Oxford Circus between 6pm and 6.15pm, an insider told DS.

U2 release No Line On The Horizon, their 12th studio album, on Monday.

I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there I'm there....

This is the gig that everyone has been talking about and it was thought it would be at Bush House(BBC World Service location) but it didn't make sense as there isn't much space there and the building is 8 floors high.

Upper Regent Street makes more sense as it's where BBC Broadcasting House(BBC HQ) and is located it's a very short walk on the same street to Oxford Circus. I reckon the gig will be in the space between All Souls church and Broadcasting House. Here is the location on a map -

Google Maps

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::hyper::hyper::hyper::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I am SO there, any place, any time on Friday, I'm ready!

I had mentioned the possibility to some of my friends who are casual fans and everyone is super excited and keeps asking me 'so, is it going to happen'?

It's not in the bag yet, but let's say it's getting more and more likely :hyper:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::hyper::hyper::
I am SO there, any place, any time on Friday, I'm ready!

I had mentioned the possibility to some of my friends who are casual fans and everyone is super excited and keeps asking me 'so, is it going to happen'?

It's not in the bag yet, but let's say it's getting more and more likely :hyper:

Ha! Yeah, I'm debating whether I should tell anyone else I know, even the people I know who work round the West End.

Don't know whether I want them crowding the place out and slowing me down! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Well, I'm pretty sure that by the time the gig happens, the news will be all over London anyways :lol: Although I might tell the few people I know to keep it quiet :wink:

:grumpy: It is so galling that I am usually in London and just when everything of any (U2 related) excitement I am fucking ages away :angry: How irritating.

Irving Plaza NYC December 2000, Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, Brooklyn, NYC November 2004, and now this. This is becoming a standard thing isn't it?

Irving Plaza NYC December 2000, Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, Brooklyn, NYC November 2004, and now this. This is becoming a standard thing isn't it?

And if it follows suit, then there will be proshot video. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom