U2 to headline Acoustic X-Mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They were the first band to pop into my head, but they've already got scheduled LA gigs for next year, which was the only reason I thought this wouldn't happen.

They were the first band to pop into my head, but they've already got scheduled LA gigs for next year, which was the only reason I thought this wouldn't happen.

That doesn't seem to be a problem where KROQ is concerned. They had Coldplay headline the Weenie Roast a couple of days after their 3 Hollywood Bowl shows.

Have they issued a statement cancelling yet? I can't see how they could play, I injured my shoulders a number of times and the only way to mend properly is t o immobilize for a month or so.

The fact there hasn't been an announcement yet suggests to me that they might still think he's a chance to perform.

I would assume that if he was definitely unable to perform, they would announce "U2 have cancelled, replacement TBA". Seen that sort of thing done plenty of times. Helps with the media cycle too - you get in the news both for the cancellation and for the replacement's announcement, rather than just the once.

On KROQ's morning show yesterday, when talking about Bono's injuries, one of the DJs said surely that means they won't be able to play, but apparently the station hasn't been told that's the case. I think Bono probably wants to go ahead and play it, but that it's a case of seeing how quickly he improves before they decide if it's going forward or cancelled.

Why not get some sort of very special guest to fill in on the vocals if Bono can't do it? It would be crazy for a tour, but for one festival concert in LA....why not?

The guys from Tears for Fears will be there...maybe someone like Bruce or Eddie Vedder could happen to be in town? Just trying to make the best of the situation here.

Why not get some sort of very special guest to fill in on the vocals if Bono can't do it? It would be crazy for a tour, but for one festival concert in LA....why not?

The guys from Tears for Fears will be there...maybe someone like Bruce or Eddie Vedder could happen to be in town? Just trying to make the best of the situation here.

I kind of thought about this. What if all the singers from the various bands sang with edge, Adam and Larry as kind of a tribute? Or just get Chris Martin to do it. ;)

Maybe they're using this show as a goal to work towards. Hopefully Bono can be well in time to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I kind of thought about this. What if all the singers from the various bands sang with edge, Adam and Larry as kind of a tribute? Or just get Chris Martin to do it. ;)

Maybe they're using this show as a goal to work towards. Hopefully Bono can be well in time to participate.

Banned permanently...... :wink:

I'd much rather see someone like Brandon Flowers instead of Chris Martin. He's much more tolerable and The Killers have covered a ton of U2 songs. I loved their covers of Ultraviolet and If God Will Send His Angels, especially.

Half the poor guy's body is smashed. There is no chance in hell the show goes on.

They could get the lead singer from Hollywood U2 to fill in ;)

Im sure they can think of something.

Half the poor guy's body is smashed. There is no chance in hell the show goes on.

Agree. Still I think Bono will be trying hard to play this show after all, but it will pretend on the progress of his healing process and how he will look like after the face injury (which might be the biggest problem right now in terms of performing live in front of an audience in an intimate setting). I really don't see this happening. I wonder how much longer they'll wait until they cancel.

KROQ milking this for all it's worth. Then they'll blame U2 for not informing them sooner. Anybody with half a brain knows that Bono won't be in any condition to perform in 3 weeks, or perhaps even 3 months.

Don't let that stop them from promoting it though. And I find it hard to believe that U2 management have told them to keep the booking open. If so, then they should be criticized once the cancellation DOES happen.

Very disingenuous by all parties involved. As if they don't realize that plenty of people bought tickets primarily for U2.

Not to mention that it keeps the scalpers price for Sunday inflated. Nice of KROQ to continue facilitating that.

Back
Top Bottom