U2 to headline Acoustic X-Mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Lazarus makes a fair point. Similarly, I am torn between buying really expensive tickets for the KROQ show or holding off a couple of weeks until really expensive tickets are released for the U2 2015 tour.

I am sure there are a lot of U2 fans in California asking themselves, "Do I have the resources to buy $120 tickets twice, especially since there is a really good chance that U2 is only going to play the "promotional" hour-long acoustic set at the KROQ show?"

That's totally different.

A U2 fan not getting tickets to a U2 related show because they can't afford it is not only a completely logical excuse, those who shell out for the tickets even though they know they can't afford it are lacking in the prioritization category.

A U2 fan not wanting to get tickets to a show cause U2 will only play a smallish part and they don't really like the other bands and don't want to shell out the cash for an hour of entertainment? Also a very reasonable thought process.

Heck... A U2 fan who's rich but just doesn't want to bother with a shortened set? Also reasonable.

A U2 fan who was going to go to a concert but now doesn't want to because U2 will be there? That's a bit odd.

But alas, as they say, to each their own.

That's totally different.

A U2 fan not getting tickets to a U2 related show because they can't afford it is not only a completely logical excuse, those who shell out for the tickets even though they know they can't afford it are lacking in the prioritization category.

A U2 fan not wanting to get tickets to a show cause U2 will only play a smallish part and they don't really like the other bands and don't want to shell out the cash for an hour of entertainment? Also a very reasonable thought process.

Heck... A U2 fan who's rich but just doesn't want to bother with a shortened set? Also reasonable.

A U2 fan who was going to go to a concert but now doesn't want to because U2 will be there? That's a bit odd.

But alas, as they say, to each their own.

Did anyone actually say that? The issue was the crowd U2 attracts, as well as the possibility of an acoustic set, not the mere fact that U2 will be in attendance.

It really is, because, little mentioned, I am also very anxious/desperate to see Tears for Fears.

But Christineeeeeeee.

Yeah, agreed. It's what's swayed me. My hope is that I can just somehow manage to swing both shows. No matter what, I'm buying the Mac tickets through Stubhub, anyways, so perhaps I can find a decent deal by the time the last December show happens.

Did anyone actually say that? The issue was the crowd U2 attracts, as well as the possibility of an acoustic set, not the mere fact that U2 will be in attendance.

I guess I'll be Captain Obvious to those who take issue with them performing some acoustic songs at this event.

The event is called "Almost Acoustic Christmas." So I think that'll work just fine, as a mix of acoustic and electric is what the audience will be expecting.

Much more importantly, how long will their set be? 45 min? 1 hour?

It'l be interesting to see what they'll throw into a 12-14 song setlist, and how much of it will be new material...

I guess I'll be Captain Obvious to those who take issue with them performing some acoustic songs at this event.

The event is called "Almost Acoustic Christmas." So I think that'll work just fine, as a mix of acoustic and electric is what the audience will be expecting.

Much more importantly, how long will their set be? 45 min? 1 hour?

It'l be interesting to see what they'll throw into a 12-14 song setlist, and how much of it will be new material...

Isn't "Acoustic" in this case just means that it's "music", not that it's "unplugged"?

It's not an acoustic show, gang, for those who are unfamiliar with the fest.

I posted it a few pages back, but the average headliner plays 8-12 songs, with the exception of the Cure, who played a "short" 20 song set.

People are starting to get the password!

And, the Mac will have to wait for me until U2's ticket prices are known. The nosebleeds for Mac are $95. Friends paid over $200 for all the way across the arena first section up from the floor! :ohmy:

People are starting to get the password!

And, the Mac will have to wait for me until U2's ticket prices are known. The nosebleeds for Mac are $95. Friends paid over $200 for all the way across the arena first section up from the floor! :ohmy:

Yeah, I already knew I was going to be paying a pretty penny for The Mac, thus why I certainly can't do both shows. We'll just have to see what happens. But I just can't imagine how great seeing the whole band, plus being in LA would be. I might have to call in some early Christmas favors.

Good luck to both of you.
Are they specific individual passwords or is it one generic password? Hopefully the former, cause when its the latter things get open to much more shenanigans aka scalpers/brokers.

82434869.jpg

Good luck to both of you.
Are they specific individual passwords or is it one generic password? Hopefully the former, cause when its the latter things get open to much more shenanigans aka scalpers/brokers.

It's a generic password which is why the ticket is so hard to get.

Then it's a shittily titled concert.

It's part of the charm.

Back
Top Bottom