U2 to headline Acoustic X-Mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you honestly thought he was serious, I have to make sure you go to the ER stat, because you obviously have sustained a serious head injury. :hug:

That's not funny, considering how I received the head injury...

professor_frink_sarcasm_detector-68030.gif

.... by keeping your head in a suitcase?

I'm sorry, that was a weak effort. I'll show myself out.

Setlist:

The Miracle (Of Snowy Des Moines)
Every Falling Flake
Stuck in a Chimney You Can't Get Out of.
California (There is No Snow to Plow)
Get on Your (Santa) Boots
Shovel Like a Slave Tonight
Neatly Plowed Road
White as Snow
Staring at the Snow
If You Wear That Red Velvet Suit

You forgot winter...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Setlist:

The Miracle (Of Snowy Des Moines)
Every Falling Flake
Stuck in a Chimney You Can't Get Out of.
California (There is No Snow to Plow)
Get on Your (Santa) Boots
Shovel Like a Slave Tonight
Neatly Plowed Road
White as Snow
Staring at the Snow
If You Wear That Red Velvet Suit

Every Falling Flake is just amazingly beautiful, everyone's getting chills from that one :heart:

On a serious note, how many songs / how long do headliners play?

From a longer conversation earlier, in another thread:

Checking, looks like I'm wrong:

Last year, Arcade Fire only played 8 songs, the year before, The Killers played 10. Jane's played 8, Phoenix played 10, Muse played 12, The Cure only played 20 songs, so I guess my memory betrayed me.

On a serious note, how many songs / how long do headliners play?

On a, uhh, seriouser note, how sure is everyone that U2 is a headliner? A headliner typically plays for an hour. Let's say U2 only wants to play new songs to hype the album. Even if they throw in an oldie like Breathe or Magnificent, will they be ready to play 45 minutes of new material?

Just playing devils advocate here.

People in here aren't getting humor in here today, I tell you what. Imagine Dragons would also make for a good headliner.

These radio shows are not about seniority, or prestige. They are, for most acts, about fulfilling obligations, or breaking new material. U2 may not WANT to headline, is what I'm saying. If they have 35 minutes of material they want to play, they could play earlier in the night.

People in here aren't getting humor in here today, I tell you what. Imagine Dragons would also make for a good headliner.

These radio shows are not about seniority, or prestige. They are, for most acts, about fulfilling obligations, or breaking new material. U2 may not WANT to headline, is what I'm saying. If they have 35 minutes of material they want to play, they could play earlier in the night.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyHIV3-DDE

I've heard from my top insiders that the show will go accordingly.

Band enters stage, Bono says something along the lines of "merry Christmas, we're hear to lift your spirits." Band proceeds to play a setlist of
Exit
Tomorrow
Acrobat
Wake Up Dead Man
Miami
Peace On Earth
Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Please
Love Is Blindness
(No acoustics. All electric performances)
Band finishes playing, Larry walks to the front of the stage and stares at the crowd for a good 10 minutes without blinking. Then the show is officially over. Sounds like a great way to celebrate the jolliest time of the year.

The only time I've seen the "biggest" band (who wasn't a surprise add) not headline one of these radio shows, was the Beastie Boys going on before the Strokes at a Weenie Roast. U2 will headline, but they will not play a full set. It'll be 10 songs max.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The Kevin and Bean interviewer (was that Kevin or Bean?) led into the Bono interview stating they'd been trying to get U2 forever and that they were indeed headlining night 2! :love:

This kind of annoys me...there's already a great list of bands and now there's going to be way, way too many people trying to get tickets to this because U2 is included. Gives short shrift to another should-be Hall of Famer such as Modest Mouse...

Reminds me of like Lollapalooza having Lady Gaga as a headliner years back and her gay fans dressing up in costumes and sitting through Fleet Foxes or whatever bored for twelve hours just so they can see her. It just minimizes the awesomeness of a lot of other great music because some uber-popular act with a ton of diehards will be jumping over each other to get tickets just to see that one band. If you don't know a lot of these names or could care less about all of them, you probably shouldn't be there just to see U2.

I mean, what was meant to be a chill benefit with a killer lineup is now going to end up being resold on eBay for thousands because a lot of U2 nuts are going to insist on seeing every concert they can (and demand is high given that they've done nothing other than a few song appearances since 360). These are the same people that have turned a boring limited vinyl pressing released so SOI could qualify for the Grammys into something that's selling for over a thousand bucks on eBay.

It's such a slap in the face, honestly. This is KROQ's 25th anniversary. Not U2's pedestal to shop an album that they already gave everyone for free. Just kinda seems shitty to the fans.

I would have no complaints really if U2 was just its own separate night...like a 90 minute show somewhere else. Let the other fans have a good time seeing the music they want and let the U2 fans specifically fight each other for tickets.

The band really is just using this for self-promotion...and perhaps more for the tour than to sell physical units of an album almost nobody is interested in paying for. Whereas the rest of the acts are there for the benefit/experience...not like Modest Mouse has really had much new material coming out in the last five years.

"Here guys, I booked you for a radio station halfway across the globe you visited a couple of times so you can needlessly promote your new album"

Reminds me of like Lollapalooza having Lady Gaga as a headliner years back and her gay fans dressing up in costumes

I wasn't going to say anything, because I thought maybe I was overreacting, but reading it again, this part of your post is still really not sitting well with me.

I sincerely hope that most if the nonsense in this thread is sarcastic. If not, we are sinking to new lows...

I sincerely hope that most if the nonsense in this thread is sarcastic. If not, we are sinking to new lows...

I usually have a very good sarcasm detector but it's either not working or............

there really are opinions that the band we are on a forum discussing to no end, a fan forum, should NOT play an event because it would take away from 1-The event or 2-other artists at said event.

It could be sarcasm but if not I reiterate my stance that this place is BONKERS!!!

Back
Top Bottom