U2 seen filming in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full band Peace on earth has about the same chance of being played as Acrobat. Clamoring for unrealistic live performances doesn't mean much.

I think clamoring for more AB is silly given the amount of songs being played consistently on each tour, but that's just me.
And if we're talking about supporting the biggest selling/critical acclaim albums...how about more JT songs being played ?

ATYCLB had critical acclaim and it outsold all the U2 albums after AB (let's disregard the fact that more people were buying albums back in 1991 compared to 2000), and likely will outsell all U2 albums that get released from now on. It is their comeback album with the importance equal to the rise to fame of JT and the reinvention of AB. Uh, yeah, it should get played live, internet moaning or not. I can think of several 00's U2 songs more worthy of a greatness status than the overrated BD but anyway...and off AB only One is a classic.
Achtung Baby has a lot of songs that work well in a stadium setting.

ATYCLB just has Beautiful Day.

wow what is it with interference these days? everyone seems to be picking on everyone,

Everyone on this forum needs to get laid tonight to take the edge off or we atleast need a new U2 album sooner than later to stop all this bitchin about a couple of great albums (AB and ATYCLB) and I've been a U2 fan since 83 so I'll go out on a limb and say not much holds a candle to BOY, how do you like them apples!! :lol:

My opinion on ATYCLB: S'alright. Not a masterpiece, but still pretty damn good.

Also, New York and Kite are especially awesome, and both need to be played on at least a few 360 gigs.

Yes he is. The meanest thing he said was that ATYCLB wasn't a masterpiece! :doh:

most casual fans love ATYCLB. U2 didn't believe in Pop in the way they believed in AB. i like Mofo. further, Boy is bursting with homoerotic themes.

none of these things are remotely controversial, except in your mind.

it's true, however: you've only been not nice to me.

Do you really think Stuck, Walk On, and Kite work in a stadium setting?

i think they all "work." yes. especially the Aussie 2006 version of "Kite."

what i've been distinguishing from the beginning is that my personal like or dislike of the songs is independent from whether or not they "work."

most casual fans love ATYCLB. U2 didn't believe in Pop in the way they believed in AB. i like Mofo. further, Boy is bursting with homoerotic themes.

none of these things are remotely controversial, except in your mind.

it's true, however: you've only been not nice to me.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave me alone.

i think they all "work." yes. especially the Aussie 2006 version of "Kite."

what i've been distinguishing from the beginning is that my personal like or dislike of the songs is independent from whether or not they "work."
I don't think Stuck (especially the acoustic version) or Walk On works in a stadium. And I like Walk On.

Kite I can see working.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave me alone.

:shrug:

you come on trumpeting an opinion, which is fine, and what the forum is for. someone engages with you, and disagrees with you, and suddenly you're sobbing in the corner. are you only here for affirmation?

i've spent years in FYM arguing and discussion much more heated issues than this, and most people don't have 1/10th the reaction that you've had to me, especially considering that this discussion hasn't even been remotely heated compared to the real issues discussed in there.

you've obviously taken it very personally. there's an ignore button. if i'm such a bully, and i cause you such distress, go ahead and use it on me.

:shrug:

you come on trumpeting an opinion, which is fine, and what the forum is for. someone engages with you, and disagrees with you, and suddenly you're sobbing in the corner. are you only here for affirmation?

i've spent years in FYM arguing and discussion much more heated issues than this, and most people don't have 1/10th the reaction that you've had to me, especially considering that this discussion hasn't even been remotely heated compared to the real issues discussed in there.

you've obviously taken it very personally. there's an ignore button. if i'm such a bully, and i cause you such distress, go ahead and use it on me.

I've asked you nicely. Please leave me alone.

I don't think Stuck (especially the acoustic version) or Walk On works in a stadium. And I like Walk On.

Kite I can see working.

Stuck i can see some disagreement on, but Walk On? they've played it pretty faithfully since 2001.

the "Kite" from the WITS single is amazing. it's everything Edge should be.

PhilsFan said:
Do you really think Stuck, Walk On, and Kite work in a stadium setting?

Kite (at least the Vertigo fifth leg versions) works as well in a stadium as any other song in the set. "I was there".

Walk On works well too, you'll see.

Stuck acoustic? No.

Back
Top Bottom